Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know about how the law on these things work in America but here in the European Union, of which Ireland is a member, it doesn't matter what type of company who own or run, you still have to hand over your companies balance sheet if anyone asks to see it! Of course it doesn't have to be specific as to who you're in dept too, or where all your profits or income comes from, but it has to clear enough to see, if the company is making a profit or loss. :nerd:

I'm not in America. :D So I wouldn't know either. :wink:

I've always been told no even though I've stated it's for educational purposes for a business assignment or profiling a company or something. I was told it wasn't a common practice for any company to just hand over information like that to the general public. Some release the information, but most companies I've dealt with have flat out refused.

But the law is the law. It's all relative to the country you're in I suppose. I tend to forget that we're not all the same in terms of law or politics.

Anywayyyyy...

I've always been told no even though I've stated it's for educational purposes for a business assignment or profiling a company or something. I was told it wasn't a common practice for any company to just hand over information like that to the general public. Some release the information, but most companies I've dealt with have flat out refused.

But the law is the law. It's all relative to the country you're in I suppose. I tend to forget that we're not all the same in terms of law or politics.

Yes, I'm a third year student at business college here in Finland, and this matter has been made quite clear. And though in some countries it may not be common place to ask to see a companies balance sheet, but the reason for this law is to promote transparency and weed out corruption within businesses.

Anywayyyyy...

Are these companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange? The prospectus must contain the balance sheet, or the equivalent there of.

Are these companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange? The prospectus must contain the balance sheet, or the equivalent there of.

Major companies like Sportsgirl, so I'd assume so. I'm not sure now, it's starting to sound more and more like I've got some arsey little shite who's on a powertrip and forgot they were a student once (that's my luck...). I knew I was being fed crap, but I'm too nice to say anything.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm learning...now I know what to say next time. :lol:

And back on topic...
bono-1a.jpg

Sportsgirl are owned by Sportscraft yes? Who owns Sportscraft? And on and on it goes. Eventually you could hit a mega company with a prospectus.

Anywho, back to your regular programme of drooling.

Major companies like Sportsgirl, so I'd assume so. I'm not sure now, it's starting to sound more and more like I've got some arsey little shite who's on a powertrip and forgot they were a student once (that's my luck...). I knew I was being fed crap, but I'm too nice to say anything.

bono-1a.jpg

Excuse me, and please correct me if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but if your insults are being directed at me and my comments then I really don't appreciate your hostile tone. :angry: There's no need to get so nasty just I coz challeged your opinion on the subject! :huh: I wasn't trying to 'feed you any crap' but just stated the point of law that we have here in Finland!! :shrug:

But I agree, back on topic....

Excuse me, and please correct me if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but if your insults are being directed at me and my comments then I really don't appreciate your hostiel tone. :angry: There's no need to get so nasty just I coz challeged your opinion on the subject! :huh: I wasn't trying to 'feed you any crap' but just stated the point of law that we have here in Finland!! :shrug:

But I agree, back on topic....

I'm pretty sure she was referring to a staff member at Sportsgirl and not anyone in this thread. :hug:

Yep, Beli was right. :) Dealing with some of the people that work for these companies is just awful. Deliberately unhelpful some of them.

And there is/was one store that sells Edun in Australia. But it's in Potts Point (in Sydney).

I recall when the New York Times did a chart detailing Bono's many undertakings, they had details on everythng except EDUN. They indicated that this was because EDUN is a privately owned company with no public shares/stocks, so they are not required to give out any financial information.

And back on topic...
bono-1a.jpg

nice pic! Thank you for sharing it
grumpyhappy.gif
:up:

Any SURVIVOR fans here?

Better Than Buffs
By Roger Catlin on September 17, 2008
They've always sold buffs in conjunction with each season of "Survivor."

For "Survivor: Gabon," which premieres in a week, CBS is selling T-shirts in conjunction with Edun Live, the clothing brand started by Bono and his wife.

The shirts will feature the logo of the show, "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast" in the shape of the African continent on the front, and the "Survivor" logo on the back.

Proceeds for the shirts, which wil be made in Africa, by Africans, using African cotton, will go to helping fund sustainable employment in sub Saharan Africa.

They'll be sold at CBSstore.com for $24.95 a pop, starting Sept. 25, also the day of the season premiere.

Better Than Buffs - Roger Catlin | TV Eye

survivoreduntshirt.jpg

Go here to purchase:
http://cbs.seenon.com/detail.php?p=64770&v=All&pa=dotw&SESSID=032266fd08b8459b4c27dba14a00a1ef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom