Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ya beli....don't get on too often, and really need to become a full member of the forum...just love to hear news of the boys .....love their stuff.... i see your in West Oz too... in Perth??

we should all get together and meet sometime...would be great stuff....i live south of the river....but always willing to travel....no problems....have a fabby weekend....nice to see you on here...:|

81099929.jpg

hi all you lovely folk out there...thanks for posting these wicked pictures...Ali is one hell of a gorgeous girl...and Helena not too bad too...always nice to see the girls out playing without the boys...looks like there is a lot of affection between Ali and Helena...its great to see...keep those gorgeous photos coming...it so appreciated from Australia....xxx

So desperately! I know wives pretend sometimes they like girls because their husbands dream of ..*** but ,call me old-fashioned, mature women should have more dignity especially if they have children!

Well, since you haven't responded (as a "new" member, gosh how could you possibly know how to do so?)

I guess you're saying that these women are only showing friendly physical affection for each other so that their men will be able to imagine some hot girl on girl action! How ashamed must those women (AKA lesbian sluts) be?

fren said:
So desperately! I know wives pretend sometimes they like girls because their husbands dream of ..*** but ,call me old-fashioned, mature women should have more dignity especially if they have children!

Like Biff, I was slightly taken a back by your comments too.
grumpycrazy.gif
What on earth are you trying to suggest? :scratch: And what on earth is sooo undignified about two women, who have been close friends for a long time, embracing one another for a photo?!? :huh: Old fashion or not I think, you're taking things waaaaay out of context!!! :tsk:

Thanks sooo much for all the lovely new pics Cecy!
grumpysexywink.gif
Love Ali's jeans, I just recently bought a pair that look very similar. And again with the shoes....:drool:

It's good to know PLEBA has become a place where guys can come to write about their own secret phantasies involving two beautiful women. :happy:

Not really. :|

grumpycrazy.gif
What on earth are you trying to suggest? :scratch: And what on earth is sooo undignified about two women, who have been close friends for a long time, embracing one another for a photo?!? :huh: Old fashion or not I think, you're taking things waaaaay out of context!!! :tsk:

Thanks sooo much for all the lovely new pics Cecy!
grumpysexywink.gif
Love Ali's jeans, I just recently bought a pair that look very similar. And again with the shoes....:drool:

You are welcome Helen
grumpywave.gif

p.s Glad you are also using the grumpy smilies!! Im using them because I'm grumpy that U2 pushed the release date on the new album
grumpyrolleyes.gif

Thank you so much for all the pics. Ali looks great! I just love the outfit she's wearing and especially that necklace. anyone have info on it?
as well, anyone have pics or video on the EDUN show or collection? I went to the website but I want to see the clothes that were featured that night.
thanks!:wave:

grumpycrazy.gif

amen!

Ali as always, absolutely beautiful. I am sorry to hear Rogin is no longer with the Edun line. I hope to not offend anybody, but I liked his style of designing much better than the new designs just released. Is it just me?? I am just having a hard time picturing those tops just flying off the shelf. Hopefully they will sell well,it's for such a great cause.

Does anyone have any links to how well Edun is doing recently?

And THANKYOU for all the amazing photos. :applaud::applaud: they are just stunning and beautiful!!

:heart::heart::heart:

I agree with you, thankyou, about Rogan Gregory. Does anybody know about Sharon's background as a clothes designer? I know that she's U2's hair designer but does she have a strong background as a clothing designer?

As for your second question, I have never seen a financial statement regarding EDUN but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Lovely pictures of Ali. :up:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :love:

I agree with you, thankyou, about Rogan Gregory. Does anybody know about Sharon's background as a clothes designer? I know that she's U2's hair designer but does she have a strong background as a clothing designer?

As for your second question, I have never seen a financial statement regarding EDUN but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Lovely pictures of Ali. :up:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :love:

Jamila,

I found that Sharon Blankson is U2's Style Consultant and Head of Wardrobe for quite some time now. Also hair, like you mentioned above.

The new Edun style seems abstract, compared to Rogan's floral, art noveau style...I will miss Rogan too!
It will be interesting to see what Sharon creates for Edun.

thanks for your response, JG :wink:

I also hope that this line goes over well with the public - for the sake of the poor people who are making these clothes.

:bono::heart::heart::hug:

Ali as always, absolutely beautiful. I am sorry to hear Rogin is no longer with the Edun line. I hope to not offend anybody, but I liked his style of designing much better than the new designs just released. Is it just me?? I am just having a hard time picturing those tops just flying off the shelf. Hopefully they will sell well,it's for such a great cause.

Does anyone have any links to how well Edun is doing recently?

And THANKYOU for all the amazing photos. :applaud::applaud: they are just stunning and beautiful!!

:heart::heart::heart:

Very rarely will a label/design house/fashion retailer release their sales/financial reports. Some do to shareholders, but even if you email them they won't give them up. I did however read recently (I can't remember where) that Edun's online business has increased by 136% in the last year, which is excellent growth, particularly because it's a very small portion of the industry they're working in. Organic cotton only accounts for something like 1% of the fabrication in the fashion industry.

From a design perspective however, I'm going to disagree. Rogan's designs were becoming increasingly more questionable from an aesthetic point of view. More chainstore than high fashion. Whilst I doubt the objective is to create the new Dior, people aren't going to want to spend $200 on a pair of jean that look exactly the same at their local Target or a chain store regardless of where or how they were made. That said, the chain store aspect may work well. The opposite to that- the "I can justify spending $200 on these jeans because of where they were made...but I won't stick out like a sore thumb" idea.

I'm so excited to see the direction Sharon will take, because I'm a nerd like that. There again, I hate the tee shirt dresses...but they did have a gorgeous embellished tunic (looked like silk...but I could be wrong) that's gone on my shopping list when the new range is released (that won't be until about march next year though).

And before anyone gets confused or asks. I have no connections with Edun or anyone at Edun. I'm just a fashion student who's a. trying to launch her own ethical range in the next 5 to 10 years (technically they are my "competition") and b. obssessed with Edun. :lol:

Okay...I'll stop ranting....

Very rarely will a label/design house/fashion retailer release their sales/financial reports. Some do to shareholders, but even if you email them they won't give them up. I did however read recently (I can't remember where) that Edun's online business has increased by 136% in the last year, which is excellent growth, particularly because it's a very small portion of the industry they're working in. Organic cotton only accounts for something like 1% of the fabrication in the fashion industry.

Well, I don't know about how the law on these things work in America but here in the European Union, of which Ireland is a member, it doesn't matter what type of company who own or run, you still have to hand over your companies balance sheet if anyone asks to see it! Of course it doesn't have to be specific as to who you're in dept too, or where all your profits or income comes from, but it has to clear enough to see, if the company is making a profit or loss. :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom