Zoo Station appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
That rhymed!

Okay, we need a Zoo Station appreciation thread, considering how many of us seem to have parents that hate the song.

I mean, how can you not love every little bit of the song? It's the perfect opening to the perfect album.

Let's do a rundown, shall we?

0:00-0:03
CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK

0:03-0:08
Those first beautiful riffs

0:09-0:13
tap tap tap tap... tap tap tap tap

0:13-0:30
Things are beginning to come together

0:30-0:45
Enter Larry (with a bang!), and the intro really comes together

0:45-0:58
Enter Bono, making Bono noises

0:59-1:26
Bono tells us that he's ready. Okay, Bono. Also, take notice (Achtung!) Larry carries the verse, but you can hear Adam quite well too.

1:27-1:28
"Uh-huh." See? Bono agrees with me. Also another great Edge riff here.

1:29-1:44
Second verse. Bono ends it with a "Yea."

1:45-1:58
I love the choruses in this song. Bono's not even singing, he's just speaking quietly. But we get Bono noises in the background.

1:59-2:27
Hmmm, I wonder if I like this verse better than the first one? I know I like how Edge butts in at 2:13.

2:28-2:43
More Bono speaking and Bono noises. I love the way Bono breathes out the words "the line" in the first bit. Also, "Zoo Statiooooon" get sung this time, not spoken.

2:44-3:00
Bono tells us that it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, hey baby, hey baby, it's alright, it's alright. I call this practice for Mysterious Ways and Ultra Violet (Light My Way) ;P

3:01-3:05
"Uh-huh." See? He's agreeing with me again! He also tells us that we can turn it up. Okay, Bono.

3:06-3:21
Bono tells us why time is a train. I love how his voice drops for the last line.

3:22-3:51
Okay, this time around, he's actually singing. Plenty of "Zoo Statiooooon"s and Bono noises in the background though.

3:52-4:07
Okay, he's back to speaking, and there are no more Bono noises, but we still get plenty of "Zoo Statiooooon"s.

4:08-4:35
The outtro, Bono takes a break while Edge, Adam, and Larry close the song up seamlessly.

Writing stuff like that out shows that I have absolutely nothing better to do while waiting for the laundry to dry.

This is the best appreciation thread ever.

zoo2.gif

A massive gif to show how much I care!

http://www.last.fm/user/dysprosium/charts/&charttype=overall&subtype=track

Hooray for me. :happy: I never let it slip from that number one spot.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Okay, we need a Zoo Station appreciation thread, considering how many of us seem to have parents that hate the song.

:eyebrow: Was there a poll or something about which songs our parents hated?

I love Zoo Station, especially after seeing live versions of it on the Zoo TV Live From Sydney video and the Vertigo 2005 DVD. I might be old enough to be your parent and I've gone through entire days at work with Zoo Station going through my head :)

I have a Zoo TV Screensaver on my computer at work.

I'm ready
Ready for the push!

:rockon:

This song is one of my all time favorites :drool: .

It also represented so much for the time. Before, U2 was in the Joshua Tree form, no one knew what was coming. Then that opening riff, tearing through the silence.... Followed by the drum response :drool: :drool: . One of the best openers of all time (Next to Streets). Perect way to say "We are back." Especially live... It sounds so chaotic at first. How the drums seem to struggle to get in time at first (Hopefully you all know what I'm talking about... Listen to live versions, that semi-akward start).

Perfect :drool:

Back
Top Bottom