What does Edge sing in Ultraviolet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a clear live example from the ZooTv tour. Listen to UV from Rotterdam 1993, it's clear as crystal that Edge sings Violet there.

Well there you say you realised it's actually Ultraviolet love. To which I replied that it's not, it's Ultraviolet. :confused:

Umm... no, wrong again.

" (Oh, come on)
Baby, baby, baby... light my way
(Oh come on)

Ultraviolet love / (baby)
Ultraviolet love / (love)
Ultraviolet love / (babe)
Ultraviolet love..."

I'm talking about the chorus. :shifty:

Umm... no, wrong again.

" (Oh, come on)
(Oh come on)

Ultraviolet love / (baby)
Ultraviolet love / (love)
Ultraviolet love / (babe)
Ultraviolet love..."

I'm talking about the chorus. :shifty:

.. You're making no sense.

.. You're making no sense.

I INITIALLY SAID... "I use to think that in that part of the song it said something totally different -"don't you run away!"- but, I came to the realization that... it says "Ultraviolet Love". What so hard to understand? Your the one confusing yourself... :hmm:

I INITIALLY SAID... "I use to think that in that part of the song it said something totally different -"don't you run away!"- but, I came to the realization that... it says "Ultraviolet Love". What so hard to understand? Your the one confusing yourself... :hmm:

The fact that he does NOT SAY ULTRAVIOLET LOVE.

This whole thread was to discuss that and the final conclusion is that Edge himself told a member here that ALL HE SAYS IS ULTRAVIOLET. No Love or WHATEVER after that. Just Ultra vio le et.

:|

:lmao:

Who the fuck cares what he is singing in the background, people??? Go post where it is itching right now II.

This whole thread was to discuss that and the final conclusion is that Edge himself told a member here that ALL HE SAYS IS ULTRAVIOLET. No Love or WHATEVER after that. Just Ultra vio le et.

Your too funny... listen to bootlegs. If u think ur right, ur right. :applaud:

One thing I do agree with you though... Priceless, for how certain folks in here can be such sarcastic asses... and you are one of them.

Dude! Lyrics printed on websites are not part of the U2 Bible. If a member here is saying that The Edge himself told him/her that the lyrics are "Ultraviolet" and not "Ultraviolet love", why don't you believe them?

That's all I want to say on this daft topic.

Your too funny... listen to bootlegs. If u think ur right, ur right. :applaud:

I just posted a while back that on bootlegs it's quite CLEAR to hear. :| I KNOW I am right.

And who gives a shit about printed or internet lyrics. May I point out to you the song Vertigo. Look at your booklet and listen to the song. Do you hear the part where Bono sings checkmated, hours of fun?

I trust my ears rather than stuff other people write down. U2wanderer may say what the lyric SHOULD have been, I don't even know if it's in the AB booklet like that, ALL I am saying is what I hear.

Hey hey hey... RELAX! IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH SOMETHING AND CAN'T DISCUSS IT IN A PRODUCTIVE MANNER, THEN MOVE ON!!! I DON'T need to get attacked! I'm getting my stuff from a reliable source that I think most, if not all in here get it from when it comes to lyrics.... ..:: ULTRA violet (light my WAY) - Studio (5:31) Lyrics by U2 Wanderer.Org ::..

You do realize that website depends largely on listener submissions, right? Not knocking it but just look at the variety of responses even in this thread. There's a fair amount of misunderstanding of U2's lyrics amongst fans. People hear different things :shrug:

As it is...Edge clearly sings "Ultraviolet light" in the video phillyfan provided. He also clearly sings "Ultra-vi-o-let" in other versions. Not just how it sounds, but the movements his tongue and lips make in emitting the words. Is there a video that looks remotely like "Ultraviolet love"? If so, link to it please. This paragraph applies to ZOO TV versions.

As for 360 versions, it is clearly 100% plain "Ultra-vi-o-let" and nothing more. Bono is also singing this part and it is clear exactly what he's singing.

Yes, because we reached a conclusion.

Oh, wait, no we didn't. Because people still think it was something other than Ultraviolet Light on ZooTV. When it wasn't.

Thus, it's not a fucking conclusion.

Jeez man... whatever. Some are saying that he says this and he says that... I THINK he says Ultra Violet Love. But it doesn't mean that I'm wrong or you are. If people could ONLY get back to topic. :doh:

ultraviiiolet baaaaaabe

UltravioletPoster.JPG

Yes, because we reached a conclusion.

Oh, wait, no we didn't. Because people still think it was something other than Ultraviolet Light on ZooTV. When it wasn't.

Thus, it's not a fucking conclusion.

You know, Edge is wrong. You're right. It's obvious he lied to the interference member just to create confusion. Creating confusion on U2 websites is how the band get their jollies.

You know, Edge is wrong. You're right. It's obvious he lied to the interference member just to create confusion. Creating confusion on U2 websites is how the band get their jollies.
:rolleyes:
Ul-tra-vi-lit light" if you read his lips during ZooTV. It sounds exactly like that, too. Distinctly two words.

That said, on the album and on this tour, it's definitely one word. He was probably talking about the album version.

I'm sure he was talking about the album version. Why would he respond with how he did it in live performances twelve years before the question?

Go listen to the Rotterdam and Dublin 1993 bootlegs. If you can hear anything but Ultraviolet there you are completely deaf. :|

I'm definitely starting to hear Ul-tra-vi-oh-let on 360 versions. I'm not sure about the album, but I still can't hear anything other than Ul-tra-vi-let-light in the ZooTV versions. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom