What does Edge sing in Ultraviolet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I forgot to ask in the previous threads on this topic: why would Edge add extra lines live ? :huh:

Cause he's awesome like that.

Seriously, bands always change things up for the live performances! This is nothing new. :scratch:

Christ, I guess seeing him clearly pronounce two "T's" isn't enough for people to see it's two words.

I was listening to ZooTV Dublin today, and now there's no doubt in my mind that there aren't two "t" sounds in there. It has to be Ultraviolet Light, unless it's Ultra-vi-let-etttttttt, which would just be stupid.

Cause he's awesome like that.

Seriously, bands always change things up for the live performances! This is nothing new. :scratch:

It would be for Edge's vocals. Plus it's easier to sing ultravioleeet than ultraviolet-light.

Someday someone's going to ask, and then a group of people are going to be wrong. :wink:

I was listening to ZooTV Dublin today, and now there's no doubt in my mind that there aren't two "t" sounds in there. It has to be Ultraviolet Light, unless it's Ultra-vi-let-etttttttt, which would just be stupid.

Yeah, it's "Ultraviolet Light." That's what I mean. So, you agree with me?

I can accept that it was Ultraviolet Light on that ZOO clip and now is Ultravio-let on the new tour. It's basically the same thing imo. All the other variations change the meaning somewhat while those two do not.

It was "ultraviolet light" on the ZooTV tour, probably the same on the album, no idea what it is now. I haven't heard a good enough version to properly pick it out.

It was "ultraviolet light" on the ZooTV tour, probably the same on the album, no idea what it is now. I haven't heard a good enough version to properly pick it out.

I def agree about the ZooTV. After going to 3 shows this tour, it sounds to me like Ultraviolet. That's when I first actually realized that perhaps the lyrics are "Ultraviolet" instead of "Ultraviolet Light"

And...because this realization bugged me, for the other 2 shows I did closely watch his mouth, and it really does seem like "Ultraviolet."

I can't decide whether or not it's sad that I thought that much about it.

I was too until one day I randomly decided to look at the Pop liner notes. And I saw the line in parentheses and had a huge realization. :lol: :doh:
yet it still sounds nothing like it.

and as far as ultraviolet goes, i'm sticking with my "oh tomorrow love" for what i'll sing, as utterly illogical as it is. it sounds closer than any of the alternatives suggested in here!

Well, there is (2) "T's" in 'Ultraviolet'.

I asked Edge in 2005 and was told: "Ul-tra-vi-o-let"

That's not what I meant. I meant at the end of the note, where you're looking to see if it's one word or two. You can see that it's two.

Per The Edge, It's one word. The way it's announciated might sound like two:

"Ul-tra-vi-o-le-et" but per Edge, one word. At least that is what he said when I asked him in March 2005.

Ul-tra-vi-lit light" if you read his lips during ZooTV. It sounds exactly like that, too. Distinctly two words.

That said, on the album and on this tour, it's definitely one word. He was probably talking about the album version.

Because of this thread, every time I listen to Ultraviolet, I now hear "ultraviolet fuck".

Way to go, guys. :lol:

Man, for the longest time... I use to think that it said, "don't you run away!" but I just realized that its actually "Ultra Violet Love"... lol :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom