U2 lyrics you sing wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was "one more in the name of love!"

I always thought it was 'one call in the name of love!' ;)

And I just discovered I was singing a line of Discotheque completely wrong:

'But you know you're someone else's steak'

instead of 'But you know you're somewhere else instead'

:lol:

"the nights you filled with flowers that left you with nothing" instead of "the nights you filled with fireworks that left you with nothing"

That's how I sing it!

...especially Baby Bono's...he has great pronounciation :D

When I first heard OOC I thought he was saying, "It's been years of dawning" :huh: I randomly looked up the lyrics and saw it was eighteen, and I was all blown away, like "who pronounces eighteen like that?!"

Bono does. That's who. :lol:

I remember when I was a new fan, hearing Stuck I kept hearing "the nights you fill with fowelty, they left you with nothing".

I had no clue wtf fowelty would be, or wtf it'd mean, my English teacher had no clue either.

Turns out it's supposed to be fireworks. Stuck was just on the radio. And I STILL canot hear fireworks.. :lol:

Maybe Bono secretly has a bird obsesion? :wink:

Of course! :doh: When they stay up till dawn as sometimes rockers & clubbers are known to do ...... Edge takes Bono bird-watching as the little birdies wake up!

:D

BTW
there were several books on misheard lyrics backi in the the 80's or early-mid 90's.....
?The one title i heard was citing a famous Soul song "When a Man Loves a Woman" (correct)

book title: "When A Man Loves A Walnut"

Found another one. In Mofo, the lyric's supposed to be "lookin for a sound that's gonna drown out the world". For some reason I hear willow instead of world.

My daughter used to sing "Shamu on Wisteria Way "(for the Desperate Housewives fans out there) to the tune of Mysterious Ways

This thread is hysterical:up:

I purposely substitute 'you brought the thorns' instead of 'you broke the bonds' for ISHFWILF for some reason...:whistle:

:lol:

And in Silver And Gold, instead of 'I scream at the silence', I sing 'ice cream'. :D

I also was always convinced it was 'you speak of science and wonders' instead of 'signs' in Crumbs.

I'm terrible with these words and after just listening to Love Is Blindness I noticed I've been thinking the following was:

"Baby our dangers ideal/ They almost make sense"

That can't be right! :scratch:

It's really:

"Baby a dangerous idea/ That almost makes sense"

"ONCE more in the name of love"

and instead of Edge's singing "Ultraviolet love" in the background of Ultraviolet, I usually sing "Ultraviolet ray" for some reason :lol:.

Also, I havent gone through this entire thread so Im not sure if its already been posted, but I feel obligated to place this fantastic video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflQsqMWFPk

"Shamu the mysterious whale" and "bacon bacon bacon and haaammm" are my personal favorites :lmao:

:huh: I always thought he said "weather" :doh:

:cursing: great...that's going to be a hard one to let go of...:lol:
That actually would work too. :lol: Much better than world! I still don't hear it.

"ONCE more in the name of love"

and instead of Edge's singing "Ultraviolet love" in the background of Ultraviolet, I usually sing "Ultraviolet ray" for some reason :lol:.

:shh: Edge sings just "ultraviolet". Not "ultraviolet love".

I used to think that in ISHFWILF is the line "I have spoke with two little angels" :ohmy: instead of "I have spoke with the tongue of angels". I wondered why it's so strange, but then I found the correct lyrics :lol:

That's what I always thought. When I sing to UV I always sing Edge's part as "ultraviiiooollleeeet" That part has been quite an infamous misheard lyric.

Yeah we've had an incredibly long discussion on it, and I reckon that some people just hear what they want to hear. :shrug: It's the same live as in the studio, and live you can clearly see Edge's mouth move in the correct way for Ultraviolet and nothing else. :wink:

For years I've been singing:

"Your love is like a cigarette that's been passed around."

I think my metaphor is way better. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom