U2 lyrics you sing wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:reject: You mean not everybody does that?
Well if I hear a song I can sing with it but if you give me a random lyric I won't have a clue from which song it is (except for the really obvious ones of course). Maybe it's just my memory.:wink:

Well if I hear a song I can sing with it but if you give me a random lyric I won't have a clue from which song it is (except for the really obvious ones of course). Maybe it's just my memory.:wink:

With most songs I can figure out the song, if I don't instantly know I'll know the melody from the lyrics.

Ofcourse, this doesn't count for songs I barely listen to. :wink:

I can usually recognize a U2 lyric, but sometimes it can take a bit to place which song it's from. It was just that the line you posted (nielsgov) was an easy one :wink:

When listening to beautiful day with my dad. He didn't believe the lyrics were
"see china right in front of you"
he thought it was "see them shine right in front of you".
Made me laugh.

I always memorize lyrics. Im sure my brains storage is like 70% pure U2 lyrics. :shifty:

My friend once tested me, I got everything right. She was truly amazed, because I'm oblivious as hell.:lol: That was fun.

:giggle: Don't worry, you're not the only one with her head in the clouds most of the time :lol: but U2 captures the attention of even the most scatter brained of people! :heart:

In Sometimes you cant make it on your own, it sounds like bono sings "sometimes you get naked on your own". :applaud:

I'm sure this has been said a thousands times before, but I've got to add my name to the list of mistaken fans, for the longest time I thought it was:

"One move in the name of love"

Rather than: "What more in the name of love" :lol:

English is not my first language, so it's not easy for me to figure out the lyrics. Here are a few examples from The Unforgettable Fire.

BAD

If you twist and turn away...
If you turn yourself into a gay...:huh:

A Sort of Homecoming

Osama way, Obama way, oh come
Oh cum away, o say yeaah ! :doh:

Elvis Presley and America

She saved yourself on the Inside
So save yourself above B-Side
Oh stay Saved above B-Side...:|

(and these last lines drive me nuts)

You know
And though no one torched the sky
And your Wheel
Like him pretend you care
You say go JULIET !
o leave out Sodomy...
Don't JULIE !!!
Don't leave out Pardon me
then I can feel
Like I feel before
Like at home now
Head on Cement Floor
If you pick me up
Bits and pieces on this floooor.........:applaud:

( I don't even want find out the actual lyrics. I just Love it this way ):hyper:

The ending to Elvis Presley and America might be some of my favorite lyrics by U2 period. But if you'd rather not know, I won't tell you :wink:.

As for the "Stay safe above b-side" bit, I've always joked that he was suggesting that he forced EPAA onto the album rather than it being relegated to b-side status. I'm a nerd. The actually lyric is simply, "Stay safe above beside" but our music brains I guess immediately jump to b-side instead.

WOW Actually it's

You know
And though no one told you sky
And you feel
Like you pretend you can
You say go, you live
Go live outside of me
Don't you leave
Don't leave out part of me
Then I can feel
Like I feel before
Like it hurt now
And I see the floor
If you pick me up
Bits and pieces on this floor

(according to U2 Wanderer)
At least i got the ending right.

Elvis Presley & America is Bono emoting on the mic; improvising an emotion rather then a lyric... a version of the lyric was printed for the UF remaster, though i tend to think they must have had to listen back to the recording to come up with some kind of coherent lyric for the booklet.

A friend of mine always hears Vertigo as Hello hello were in a place called birmingham.....

Original of the species i always heard as; baby slow down, the end is not as far as the stars.....

I always sing Electrical Storm wrong... just for the fun of it:

On rainy days, we go swimming out... on rainy days, swimming with the trout...

Back
Top Bottom