U2 has the #1 favorite lyric in Britain!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Music fans in Britain call the line "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers" (from "One," natch) their favorite lyric, according to a poll just released by VH1. More than 13,000 music fans voted in the survey, choosing from a list of 100 lyrics. Coming in second was the lyric "So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die" from The Smiths' "How Soon is Now."

also not mentioned "I wanna tear down the walls that hold me inside" was voted the #11 favorite lyric!

europop2005 said:
"So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die" from The Smiths' "How Soon is Now."
Where is an Emo smiley when I need one. :wink:

I'm not really sure I would say that's the best line of that song ('One'), much less all-time. I am however, super happy that Streets gets a nod! :applaud:

personally my favorite part of One is "have you come here for forgiveness, have you come to raise the dead? have you come here to play jesus, to the lepers in your head?"

Yeah, I just heard it on the news!!! Feckin amazing and extremely true!!!! :D :applaud: :bow: :heart:

I voted too! I'm so glad it won! but my favourite part of One is: "You ask me to enter, and then you make me crawl, and I can't be holding on, to what you've got, when all you've got is hurt"

Back
Top Bottom