Summer rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
I have to admit that I sort of ignored this song until recently, but I?ve give it s few listenings and I?m really starting to love that song. But there is one line in the song, that I?ve been trying to figure out:

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

do you have any ideas, what Bono?s talking about? Is he talking about his rock?n?roll lifestyle? He mentioned somewhere that rockstarts are allowed to be irresposible for much longer that other people.
Or is he talking about that he will always be Bono, does his thing and that others just have to exept it?

what do you think?

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I've always thought about it in the context of what Bono has said about the lyrics in WOWY..."and you give, and you give, and you give yourself away." That he is always giving 100% to the audience each night and being totally open and vulnerable. So therefore, he always has been and will be "a little bit too free" with himself.

Just my thoughts anyways.
smile.gif

I always loved that line. I took it as a "this is me, and I'm not about to change" kind of statement. I filed it right next to "be uncool, yes be awkward." Which is one of my absolute favorite single lines Bono has put out there.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

My two cents: I too love this line. I think Bono is talking about that feeling we all have sometimes...you get up the courage to go for something you want, but because of some part of your personality you don't acheive it. But in the end you feel like you've got to be who you are and if the other person doesn't like it...that's no reason to quit being yourself! Hence the line..."Now there's no one else in the summer rain" and the part at the end where he talks about "Its not where you're running, it's where you're going" meaning the other person is running from the relationship.
It's also very possible that he's talking about his own personality and how he carries himself on stage.
Either way..Awesome Song! Again..just my 2 cents

------------------
You're dangerous, 'cos you're honest.
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want

I'm actually listening to this song right now! I guess I always thought he was talking about living life, doing what you wanna do. And in regards to the specific lyric you pointed out, I agree. That maybe he feels that he IS being "a little too free" with himself.

Jen

Back
Top Bottom