so which one is it? mixed lyric interpretations...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

explorer

The Fly
ive looked online for the correct lyrics for a certain part of Bad (my favorite lyric of all time). u2.com has it as:

"Blue silken sky and burning flag"

atu2.com has it as:

"Bruised silken skies and burning flack"

ive always thought it was:

"Bruised silken skies and burning flag"

anyone know whats right? thanks

I really don't know, now that I think about it. My hunch would be to go to U2.com, though. Seems more official.

u2.com lists another "bad" lyric as "to let it and so to find away" but ive always thought it was "let it go and so to fade away" as thats how its listed everywhere else. I did some research on these lyrics cuz i chose to wrote a paper on the song, but unfortunately i came up emptyhanded on both of the previously mentioned discrepancies. Seems only Bono knows, or maybe not seeing as specifics in lyrics get lost along the way in live shows

I've always thought it was flack. :shrug:

Flack is the stuff they shoot at airplanes - big in WWII at least, so it sort of leaves the sky smokey. Could be either one, I guess.

But thefrode, I think you are right on that Bad lyric. The U2.com doesn't make sense!

Last edited:
I like:

"True colors fly in blue and black
Bruised silken sky and burning flak"

Mainly because "flak" rhyms with "black" and it's a great image of desolation.

and "blue and black bruised silken sky" makes sense although I always thought it was "through silken skies and burning flak" :)

Back
Top Bottom