rue Saint Divine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueskyzg

The Fly
AMAAW is so beautiful song, adams base lines, bono adult voice, song wakes me up, driving my soul and love towards my beautiful wife.
And if somebody can help me, where is rue SAINT DIVINE?

...Brown eyed girl across the street
On rue Saint Divine...

Maybe somewhere in France?

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't think it's a real place, I just think of it as he's saying Ali is divine

Maybe he's saying she's a saint too for putting up w/ him :wink:

wow, lovely interpretation!

Hi,

Well, this is my 1st post... Let's see how it works...

But as a reply, first if it's a real street somewhere, it's not very well known.
If it's a french name for a street, it'd have been : rue SaintE Divine.

Maybe you should look at the lyrics of the song Saint Divine by Gavin Friday, on the first lyrics site you will find...

I think it can be a wink from Bono to Gavin Friday or to the man (if it's a real person) whose nickname is Saint Divine (as everybody got nicknames...). If that can explains something !

Gavin Friday and Bono wrote the song "boy/girl" (I think that's the title) together when they were younger, and both of their music careers were starting out. The song title "Man and a Woman" seems to fit to mean they both have matured and gotten older, as the title has: boy to man, girl to woman.

Saint Divine is a Gavin Friday song about a boy they both knew on their street on the Northside who was gay. Ireland being a catholic country, this Saint Divine didn't feel like he could be himself and so he moved to New York City, but still never felt that he fit in. Gavin wrote the song after coming back to visit him, and wrote it as an hommage. Bono probably used the title to give a wink to Gav and show this song was about their collaboration years ago.

Thanks Fille! That makes sense! I found the www about Gavin Friday lyrics and the song Saint Divine.

http:gavinfriday.com/archive/lyrics/lyrics_adameve.html#saint

Back
Top Bottom