North and South of the River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schmeg

Blue Crack Addict
I love this song!!!

Walk with you along an unapproved road not looking over my shoulder
I wanna see and I wanna hear to understand your fears
But we're north and south of the river

I've been doing it wrong all of my life

Can we stop playing these old tattoos
Darling, I don't have the answer

Some high ground is not worth taking
Some connections are not worth making

Stupid question...Does anyone know who's singing backup at the end? I can't decide if it's Bono overdubbed with Bono or if Edge is singing.

Thanks!

"A young man running from what he didn't understand
The wind from the lock just got colder and colder"

I think that's Christy Moore singing along with Bono at the end/ Christy Moore co-wrote the song with U2.

I wish this song was on POP. Its better than Miami.

hello schmeg...are you a RED DWARF fan?

I love krytie!!

My son gave me Christy Moore's autobiography "One Voice, My Life In Song" as a Christmas present.:angel: :heart:
I have only glanced at it so far( it fell open at the page with Rory Gallagher..sweet) I notice Christy calls his mother, his "singing bird".
If he mentions North and South, I'll get back to you. The town near where I live is divided by a river and social status..'n'er the twain shall meet"
It is a very beautiful song.... fluid, my favourite.

space weevils and lager shakes on the menu tonight?...j/k:wave:

wow, what a treat musiclovers. If all else fails look up the index

I have only read three pages of this book, the one about his mum, the one about he he feels about his guitar,... ( well I peeked at a few other pages, Bobby Sands, travellers, an acceptance rally with Sinead..lots of treasure to come in these pages I feel)
and
the one about his meeting at an airport with Bono and the agreement to write a song together and what he thinks of a few things:).
I'll scan the pic and type out a few quotes when I have time later.
I got my time check wrong , earlier I think...woops.
11 hours 40 minutes till 2003AD.

I never really connected with North and South of the River until hearing the Omagh live performance..and the beautiful piano line you didn't know was hidden inside.

Some high ground is not worth taking
Some connections are not worth making

I love the Omagh version...the way it was meant to be with Bono's soaring vocals, piano line, and horn section.

Swan269 said:
I love the Omagh version...the way it was meant to be with Bono's soaring vocals, piano line, and horn section.

Cool...is the Omagh version downloadable anywhere? All of a sudden I can't get enough of this song. New Year's nostalgia maybe?

drifter said:
love this song (recently discovered it)

:drool:
Same here...and BTW, I found the Omagh tribute on Kazaa, and it is beautiful!

I don't think he is singing "old tattoos". It is tunes.

I just haven't figured out what comes right before it. Sounds like "Can we stop playing these alter tunes".

Back
Top Bottom