No Line On The Horizon - OFFICIAL LYRICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I know its been discussed 100000 times already, but Ive only just started to pay attention to MOS.

How is he singing Pentecost!? Hes singing (or at least it sounds FAR MORE LIKE) "pain will stop". Why must you confuse me Bono? :scream:

Ok, I know its been discussed 100000 times already, but Ive only just started to pay attention to MOS.

How is he singing Pentecost!? Hes singing (or at least it sounds FAR MORE LIKE) "pain will stop". Why must you confuse me Bono? :scream:
my thinking is the lyrics were shipped for printing or whatevs, and he changed it in studio to pain would stop.

far better this way, imo.

u2.com and @u2 are really not a good source for correct lyrics.

It's definitely "pain would stop", that's what Bono is singing, it makes sense.

Maybe they had a previous version with "Pentecost".

I dont know about @u2, Ive not been there for some time. I wouldnt really trust U2.com with anything tbh. Considering its an official site its pretty dire.

I dont know about @u2, Ive not been there for some time. I wouldnt really trust U2.com with anything tbh. Considering its an official site its pretty dire.

Yeah I don't trust u2.com either. Not with their countless mistakes in the tour section, and the lyrics.
They still claim that Bono sings "There's a FEW things I need you to know" in Breathe. He sings THREE there. Must be a fuck up on his part, and I'm sure that few is the original thing since it makes more sense, but the lyrics should be what he's singing.

The same could go for Vertigo though, there's no way the bongolese in there is what he sings live or what's in the booklet.

I'd love to see what U2.com would make of NLOTH II though.

Well, in Breathe, "three" makes actually more sense to me, because he's emphasizing the number in the end by repeating it. But I'm pretty sure he sung "few" a couple of times during the promo tour.

Well he does say three after it. That would have made sense if it was followed by two and one. As in, if he actually made three points after that. But he makes only one point. That's where it confuses me.

afew or three-who cares

Bono wrote the lyrics. How can anybody say that he "messed up". They are his lyrics. He often changes lyrics as he goes; not because he forgets his own lyrics, just because he can and sometimes substitutes words. For example,on the lyric "You gave it all and I want more." (One) , I've heard him say "God gave it all and I want more." (which He did and I sometimes do out of my selfishness). So, Bono can do what he wants and will continue to do so.

The fact that he can do what he wants does not take away she's screwing up his own lyrics. That he changes them sometimes to reflect the current location or situation, sure, that's cool.

But it's obvious that sometimes he's just forgotten them. Take Vertigo Hawaii for example, listen to Sunday Bloody Sunday. Now please don't tell me he's just pretending not to know the last verse and sings the 2nd instead.

hmm, not certain regarding that, but....

it would be hard to believe that Bono "forgot" the lyrics to Sunday Bloody Sunday. He has probably performed that song thousands of times since the 1980's, and can recite the lyrics in his sleep. Not sure what happened though in Hawaii,

it would be hard to believe that Bono "forgot" the lyrics to Sunday Bloody Sunday. He has probably performed that song thousands of times since the 1980's, and can recite the lyrics in his sleep. Not sure what happened though in Hawaii,

Uh, he himself said many times he has a shit memory. It's not that hard to believe that if he can forget his cellphone everywhere he forgets his own lyrics. I'm surprised he can even remember other people's lyrics.

Rock the Casbah anyone? :happy:

Most recentlyon documented live performances, Bono melds Frankie Goes to Hollywood's RELAX! and 2 Tribes on the Crazy remix.
When 2 tribes go to war, money's all that you can score becomes "When 2 tribes go to war, boys you got Ne-vah!" ?!?!?
(Poison is the matter?) Who knows?

Neither song is that complicated. he also sings "Love is a blanket" instead of banquet at the end of "Because the Night" w/Pattie Smith at his side at RnR HoF concert. All manner of mish mosh spill out when he's trying to channel.

Some people go bananas that in Unknown Caller he sings ATM machine, which is akin to mentioning an Automated Teller Machine Machine

(Kraftwerk beat them to it with the Man Machine)

Back
Top Bottom