Mysterious Ways and Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
I haven't yet played them back to back to check this, but has anyone else noticed that the bass lines on these two songs are really similar? Was Adam getting a tad lazy during Pop?
smile.gif

It's just that I heard Melon for the first time recently, and at the start of one of the MW remixes, it was pretty much just the bass, and since I had no idea what was on the CD before I heard it, I at first mistook this remix for one of Please, just based on the bass line... ? (blissfully unaware of course that Melon probably came out long before Please did)
Or am I just nuts?
smile.gif

------------------
I see you stare into space
Have I got closer now, behind the face?

NO FE++ S+$ N+ B- C~ L++ O++ CV(and a half-+) JT10
http://www.atu2.com/fanzone/code/

Adam is notorious for only playing three chords. Alot of my friends call him the musical tag along of the group. Y'know, play twenty songs or so, all in the same three chords, go out drink, smoke, and screw hot supermodels.

I on the other hand enjoy his simplicity and think that what you heard may have been SIMILAR but is probably, and I can almost bet NOT the same. If you listen closely to the bass line, you'll hear a slight difference. I think the notes may be the same but played different, maybe they are played in different keys. Either way, you can make the same case for alot of songs.

[This message has been edited by Surge (edited 05-08-2001).]

Thanks Surge... I wasn't suggesting that it was the exact same line, they just reminded me of one another. And you're right, they are different on close inspection.
hey, I'm not knocking Mr. Clayton's style... especially since he's made me decide to learn bass someday.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom