Most beautiful u2 love lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
so which is it?
u can post as many as u want becuase i need them for a school project and i just cant makie up my mind...so please help

------------------
" I can sing just like Bono, i can do that whole lemon falsetto exactly like him" -- me

"...u know how you can make people jealous by saying good stuff about you thats not even true?" - also me

dunno...some of the most beautiful lyrics are those 'everyday' ones. like 'always wear your safety belt' comes to mind easily cos it's so caring, it shows a connection that's more than skin deep (literally and figuratively).

------------------
Anticipation is a liar.

Yes..."Always wear a safety belt." A lot of people have called that song ("Always") disjointed and whatnot, but I dunno...It makes perfect sense to be and flows very well!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by Tip Top Prince:
I like "Love is blindness, I don't wanna see".

awww...that's sorta sad...

i think 'be there' is another really good track.

------------------
Rebel with a cause....and a red car.

This is a difficult question because it seems there are so few--if any--songs about a pure, ideal love ("Promenade," I guess). That's why the songs with "love lyrics" are so interestingly complex. They more closely resemble real relationships, which are commonly complicated but rarely pure. If there's one thing conveyed by U2's songs about relationships, it's that there are ugly, painful and bitters sides to love. Even a song as innocent and gooey-sounding as "The Sweetest Thing" conveys that. ("I wanted to run but she made me crawl... Ours is a stormy kind of love.")

That said, however, there's no denying that the lyrics that illustrate that reality are indeed beautiful.
In that respect, one need look no farther than "Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)":
"I love cuz I need to;
not because I need you.
I love you cuz I understand
that God has given me your hand
He holds me in a tiny fist,
and still I need your kiss.
--See the sunlight in her song.
--See the sunlight in her soul."

One other twist: U2 also has so many "love" songs that involve one's relationship with God, as opposed to another person. In that sense, songs such as "The First Time," or "Still Haven't Found" make for some of the most beautiful hymns.

Somewhere in between lies a song like "Grace."...

Yeah, that's one of the many things I LOVE about U2. Even when there's a love song, it has so many dimensions to it. None of that, "ooh, I love you forever, baby!" nonsense!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by Lilly:
awww...that's sorta sad...

i think 'be there' is another really good track.

Well, as with a lot of U2 lyrics, it's open to interpretation.

I choose to think of it as 'love is complete and unadulterated trust - I want to be in love"
smile.gif

------------------
I'm on the road, but I've got no destination

[This message has been edited by Tip Top Prince (edited 05-25-2002).]

Originally posted by Tip Top Prince:
Well, as with a lot of U2 lyrics, it's open to interpretation.

I choose to think of it as 'love is complete and unadulterated trust - I want to be in love"
smile.gif

Yeah...i know what you meant there. there's a double (well, bajillion meanings) meaning behind their lyrics, sad, happy, cruel, sweet...it's what makes them good.

------------------
Rebel with a cause....and a red car.

the entire lyrics to "A Sort of Homecoming" are the best lyrics ever written as far as I'm concerned

+
I agree with MixingBliss about Luminous Times

Salome said:
the entire lyrics to "A Sort of Homecoming" are the best lyrics ever written as far as I'm concerned

Great pic, Salome- those lyrics are incredibly beautiful. I also love Promenade. So Cruel has beautiful lyrics, but it's about the bad side of love so it's probably not what you're looking for.

wertsie said:
Yes..."Always wear a safety belt." A lot of people have called that song ("Always") disjointed and whatnot, but I dunno...It makes perfect sense to be and flows very well!

I love singing that to my kids when it plays in the car! :D

I don't know, I don't know which side I'm on
I don't know my right from left
Or my right from wrong
You say I'm a fool
They say I'm not for you
But if I'm a fool for you
Oh, that's something

Two hearts beat as one
Two hearts beat as one
Two hearts

I have a lover
A lover like no other
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing
Shows me colors when there's none to see
Gives me hope when I can't believe
And for the first time, I feel loved...

--"The First Time"

You say you want diamonds on a ring of gold
You say you want your story to remain untold
But all the promises we make
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you...

--"All I Want Is You"

My 2 faves, although many have made the (probably valid) argument that they're the same song, just in a sort of Part One and Part Two. "All I Want Is You" is the song of someone who may not be able to give someone all the material and peripheral comforts his/her lover wants, but loves them and wishes that the lover felt the same way. I tend to see "The First Time" as the response of that lover to "All I Want Is You." The lover realizes that the relationship and the love are paramount, and he/she relinquishes the old life of material comfort for love: ("My father is a rich man...He says, 'I have many mansions and there are many rooms to see,' But I left by the back door and I threw away the key.")

Wow, I feel like school is back in session and I'm doing poetry explications.

"You say I'm a fool, you say I'm nothing, but if I'm a fool for you, that's something" - Two Hearts Beat as One
"All the promises we break from the cradle to the grave, when all I want is you" - All I Want is You
"And you give yourself away, and you give yourself away....." - With or Without You
"And I must be an acrobat to talk like this and act like that" - Acrobat
"I want you to know that you don't need me any more, I want you to know you don't need anyone or anything at all" - Kite
"I have climbed highest mountains, I have run through the fields only to be with you" Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
stuff from In a Little While is quite romantic

Back
Top Bottom