Mofo Lyric ???????????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenbax

The Fly
Can anyone tell me what the heavily processed lyric is that Edge sings between Bono's lines in Mofo.

It sounds like 'Little red hen' or 'New red pen'.

I know it's not really, I'm arsing about, but please help.

Thanx. PEACE!

hippy said:
btw, MOFO is probably my all time favorite U2 song :yes:

I tend to forget about this song, and it just kicks my ass (in a good way!) everytime I listen to it. Fabulous. :heart: So hard rocking, yet so tender.

Bonochick said:

I tend to forget about this song, and it just kicks my ass (in a good way!) everytime I listen to it. Fabulous. :heart: So hard rocking, yet so tender.

:heart: the way he sings "mother"

I think there's a Bonoquote out there somewhere and Bono says "If I had to put my whole life into a song, that would be it."

It always gets me pumped up and ready to go... but also a little bit angry. I love screaming "MOTHER F*CKIN ROCK AND ROLL!" but maybe that's just me ;)

:heart: great song :heart:

Oh yeah, Mofo rocks. I :heart: the part where :bono: sings, "Mother....Mother...MOOOOTTTHHERRR!!!" :laugh:

I also love how he put his whole life story in that song.

i love that song! about a year after buying pop i realised i hadn't listened to "do you feel loved" or "discotheque" because i went straight to track three...

:yes: You can hear the "been around the back been around the front" part a lot better live.

I hope they play Mofo for the next tour. I :heart: that song!!!

Oh, man, it DOES sound like "Little red hen!" That cracks me up. Even though I now know what the real lyrics are, I can't listen to Edge's background vocals without laughing.

I've heard a few bootlegs where you can cleary hear the words without the distortion, which is kind of cool.

I always hear "little red vest"

But I don't think it is "been around the back, been around the front" on the album. I think they used that live only. It's not that I know, it's that when i listen the album version I just don't hear it.

bonosgirl84 said:

the lyrics inside the little booklet suggest otherwise.

I don't think I ever looked or maybe I did and now I just forget, which is probably the case.

But I still don't hear it. I am listening to Mofo right now and I just don't hear it. He never says "the", it sounds like 3 words. So, despite what the lyric book says, I am not convinced. May I also say the voice sounds more like Bono than Edge too....hmmm.

Whenever I hear it, I think it's "little bitty thing" ...

if you listen to it live, or a good live in ear monitor or soundboard recording you can tell that edge clearly sings "been around front, been around back"

Angela Harlem said:
haha i sing 'weeble reb reb'

:D

:lmao: When I read this I almost puked I laughed so hard! It's fantastic!

I cannot stop singing "weeble reb reb". I listened to mofo and sang it, now I walk everywhere singing it. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom