Mofo...about what Bono not Edge says!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HolyMeximofoJoe

The Fly
Mofo is one of my all time favorite songs and there's 2 questions i have about it...so here it goes

1) Is Bono really singing "Looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the world"? the booklet says he does and he sings that live but that is the weirdest sounding world i've ever heard if it is... i'm pretty sure he is singing "Looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the weather" anyone else agree?

2) This one bugs me even more Bono whispers something at about 4:16 sometimes i hear 4 sometimes 5 sometimes 6 syllables but those last 2 syllables always sound to me like "fuck you" and i can't really make out the first syllables (or maybe i did but what i heard sounds reeeeeeaaaaallllly strange since the songs about his mother)......so what do you guys hear?

any comments would be appreciated:D

i honestly can't hear "world"....and i'm trying to hear it but all i hear is "weather"......how about question number 2...that's the one that im reeeeaaaaaaallly curious about

HolyMeximofoJoe said:
i honestly can't hear "world"....and i'm trying to hear it but all i hear is "weather"......how about question number 2...that's the one that im reeeeaaaaaaallly curious about

I heard 'world' at first listen, without looking at the liner notes.

The second question I don't know, never really noticed and don't have a copy in front of me... I'll have to check it out later.

I am just guessing here but it sounds like he says "mother sucking fucking rock and roll".

2) This one bugs me even more Bono whispers something at about 4:16 sometimes i hear 4 sometimes 5 sometimes 6 syllables but those last 2 syllables always sound to me like "fuck you" and i can't really make out the first syllables (or maybe i did but what i heard sounds reeeeeeaaaaallllly strange since the songs about his mother)......so what do you guys hear?

any comments would be appreciated:D [/B]

he's saying:

Mother...mother sucking rock and roll (Mother...)
Bubble popping sugar dropping rock and roll (Mother...)
Mother...mother suck, yeah, fuck yeah (Mother...)

here's the link. follow the lyrics while listening to the song, it fits.
http://www.macphisto.net/u2lyrics/Mofo.html

i had forgotten about this...

well what i'm hearing now and feel is right is... "mother...mother suckin ffffuckin roll"....

And i still hear "looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the weather" to me the only thing that is even close to making it sound like world is that theres a w in the word... i could go on but this explains what i would do -->:rant:

i must have a different copy then... i just sent it to 3 friends of mine to see if i was deaf or something and they said:
1. "easy it's weather"
2."dude no brainer it's weather"
and 3."come on he even stressed the second syllable"

We can't all be deaf can we?

What are you listening to? I'm talking about the standard version on the Pop album, but I also hear the same in everything else I have.

bonocomet said:
What are you listening to? I'm talking about the standard version on the Pop album, but I also hear the same in everything else I have.

Yeah I'm talking the Pop album Mofo...And I hear world in every other recording of mofo as well...

I would ask for you to send the Mofo you got to my e mail address but i'm not sure if thats allowed...

Well do you have the Pop album? That's what I was talking about, but I know that sometimes if you imagine a certain word while listening to lyrics, it can sound like that word...

Yes I am a proud owner of all their albums they have put out along with the DVD's (except zoo tv)

And like i said i sent to 3 of my friends... I asked them "what do you hear "looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the world" or "looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the weather".....and i didn't tell them something like...its obviously weather...or that i thought it was weather until after they told me what they heard...

Back
Top Bottom