Misheard Lyrics (aka, um, wtf?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:scratch: Weird site! :lol:

U2's, "All I Want is You" (Make Correction) (Suggest Different Misheard Lyrics)
Misheard Lyrics:
No i won't eat it
Correct Lyrics:
All I want is

that website inspired that text line in my sig.

yeeeeees, that's right! all the quotes i have are actual misheard lyrics taken from amiright.com

the one i have now won't fit completely. if i put who "said" it, it cuts off my winampdb sig. so anyway, it's taken from led zeppelin's "whole lotta love."

it esp. cracks me up when people mishear the part that's the song title! how could you get that wrong? (like the infamous "shamu the mysterious whale" thing)

These ones really cracked up, how could anyone misheard the chorus "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" and listen one of these things:

Misheard Lyrics:
So naked, it's lovely

So naked, it's lovely

Someday, Johnny, Someday

Someday, buddy, someday

Sunday's just like Monday

you'd have to be either incredibly stoned, drunk, or somehting to misshear "sunday bloody sunday"...

Elvis Presley said:
Tiny Dancer - Elton John

"hold me closer Tony Danza".......

:lol:

:lol: that's funny...i don't think i've ever heard more than a few seconds of the original, but i went to the movies earlier and you know that terrible radio thing they always have playing in large chain-store theatres? they played a cover version of it, some country singer, i forgot who...

wertsie said:
No, that Jimi Hendrix song...It's supposed to be "Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
purple haze? :wink:

i can see the tony danza bit...the way elton says it isn't like how it's usually said, like tie-knee. it sounds almost more like torny. :laugh:

and someday, buddy, someday sounds like how it would sound if bono had a cold.

macphistosmagic said:
My favorite has to be "cyanide in the sky you make me feel like I could die..." :lol:

:scratch: What are the real lyrics? I'm about to fall asleep right now so I can't quite place it! :lmao:

"so high EL-EV-ATION! WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!"

if my roommate wasn't sleeping i'd probably be pissing off the neighbours listing to that loudly now...

wertsie said:

No, that Jimi Hendrix song...It's supposed to be "Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
:| Good, I thought I didn't know the lyrics for u2 songs anymore. :sigh: :laugh:

Last edited:
A friend of mine thought that the line in Discotheque "You just can't get enough of that lovie dovie stuff" was "just can't get enough of that lovin' doggy style" HA!

Also, I've heard one that someone thought the chorus of Spirits In the Material World by the Police was "Ooh Papa Smurf, we are material"

ICRED said:
Also, I've heard one that someone thought the chorus of Spirits In the Material World by the Police was "Ooh Papa Smurf, we are material"
:laugh: i saw someone thought it said "there are spirits eating my cheerios!" where do people come up with this stuff?

a side note: when i was compiling a list for my misheard lyrics for my sig, i'd say at least half i found were police and sting lyrics. :wink:

The more I listen, the more I hear:

Alex Descends Into Hell.... Towards the end of the first vocal section it sounds like the choirboy wants a "Small Chinzano"

and

Another Time Another Place - In the part where Bono seems to adlib he's going on about "Lemon Cheescake"

I'm hearing things, I'm going mad I tell ya!

Maybe not!!

I like Lemon Cheesecake. My wasteline doesn't. I now have to iron my clothes on the driveway!

First few times I listened to "Kite" I could swear he was singing:

"There's a cat blowing out of control on the breeze..."

and I was trying to figure out the 'symbolism' of cats when I finally read the lyrics....

}:)~

goat

the colours spin throughout the hall..

my biggest gaffe would be in 'let robeson sing' by the manic street preachers though

original: mccarthy posioned through with hate
i thought: my coffee poisoned you with hate

On Sort of Homecoming I heard "I'm Bono and we run" instead of "On borderland we run". I thought he was real arrogant to put his own name in the song, until I really read the lyrics.

I know I was singing my own version of electrical storm for awhile which was lets see colors that never been bleed or something which was pretty far off.

Back
Top Bottom