MERGED-->Misheard U2 lyrics...+ The Bono mispronunciation/misinterpretation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a pretty embarasing one!

In "Silver and Gold" on Rattle and Hum when Bono screams:
"Am I bucking you? Don't mean to buck you!"

Well, you can probably guess what I thought he was saying :reject:

I once sang that part when I was together with some friends. You won't believe the looks they gave me!

Cyril said:
For the longuest time, I thought the words Bono sings at the end of One (the ones that are not in the booklet) were "Bacon, bacon, aaah", which I later found out was "Vacant, vacant heart". :lol: I am not kidding. Fyi, I was only 17 at the time, and English is not my first language ...

-Cyril

I thought it was "Bacon, bacon, it's hot! Ooooo, oooo, it's hot!"

In R&H Bullet the Blue Sky at 2:01, doesn't Bono say "Yeah, alright...algae!" I've never understood that one.

Ummm, what else? "Don't you buy your love" instead of "Ultraviolet love"

I'm sure there's lots more. My mom swears it's "In the garden I was playing guitar."

I always thought the UTEOTW lyric is "...in the garden playing sitar" non? I packed up my CDs when I got the iPod, so I can't check this little minute.

And I misheard one on HTDAAB just this morning and I can't remember it. Let me take anothr listen and see if I can...

My, how my brain is going during finals week!!:yawn: :crack:

ok, ok maybe someone can help me here. in the normal version of gone near the end he says "no emotional goodbye" but on the 1990-2000 album version i swear to god that he says "no emotion at all goodnight" my boyfriend is adament that he doesn't say it but it sounds like he kinda strung all those words together. let me know what you guys think

Cyril said:
For the longuest time, I thought the words Bono sings at the end of One (the ones that are not in the booklet) were "Bacon, bacon, aaah", which I later found out was "Vacant, vacant heart". :lol: I am not kidding. Fyi, I was only 17 at the time, and English is not my first language ...

-Cyril

Is it really Vacant heart?!:ohmy:

I almost thought it was

"racing with your bullet brain" instead of train in All because of you.
It would fit more with the "intellectual tortoise" line before it IMO.

I thought in THE REFUGEE, it was "she come at night, she come and keep you company" rather than "shes coming back, she come and keep you company"

I am sure in one of the live versions (probably New Zealand for all the kiwi's) Bono sings "Where the Sheep have no names..."

Sydneyvicious said:
ok, ok maybe someone can help me here. in the normal version of gone near the end he says "no emotional goodbye" but on the 1990-2000 album version i swear to god that he says "no emotion at all goodnight" my boyfriend is adament that he doesn't say it but it sounds like he kinda strung all those words together. let me know what you guys think

I think bono just changed "no emotional goodbye" into "no emotionaaal goodnight" -- But I' m not sure

In walk on: my mom's sure he doesn't sing "walk on" but "welcome"...

forbonou2 said:
:scratch: For me it was in the song....'SHFWILF...where he sings, I kissed Haughty lips..'..I thought he said..'Honey lips'! lol!:laugh: Changes that from a 'G' rating to 'X' rating! lol!:wink:

Until I read this post I thought it was honey lips. :(

I guess I should start reading the liners. :rolleyes:

2861U2 said:
I thought in THE REFUGEE, it was "she come at night, she come and keep you company" rather than "shes coming back, she come and keep you company"

Yeah, it's the first...

"She come at night and she come and keep you company"

elffriend said:
I guess I should start reading the liners.

You can read them, but they are not always accurate.

"I have kissed honey lips..."

There's no 'T' sound there.. at least, not on The Joshua Tree version of that song.

Gives a spiritual swift kick in the pants to Universal for beating on fansites that post lyrics...

goat

I sang 'I have kissed hardened lips' instead of 'I have kissed honey lips' in ISHFWILF forever. I only found out two weeks ago that i've been singing it compeltely wrong all these years.

u2girlcj said:
And I misheard one on HTDAAB just this morning and I can't remember it. Let me take anothr listen and see if I can...
[/B]

Heard this twice in the car (speaking of honey...)- "but you're the color of my tongue" instead of "you're like honey on my tongue" in the first verse of A Man & A Woman. :tongue: Kind of gross...

C

two of my best friends thought that in Children of the Revolution Bono sings "do you want food, the children of the revolution" they thought it was just Bono being weird:lmao:

U2girl said:

The falsetto right at the end?
I always thought that was just a "woah haaaaa-aah" random falsetto singing. Vacant heart? Will listen to the song again with that in mind...

So did I! Although I heard some sort of word formation in the 'vacant' bit but wasn't sure exactly what he was on about.

UTEOFW- "guitar" "tart"
Pride- " One more in the name of love" What more, in the name of love"

Kite- I also thought it was " cat blowing in the breeze"

SATS- "Summer stretchin on the grass, turner dresses pass" "summer stretchin on the grass, summer dresses pass"
There are too many that I always here wrong.

Walk To the Water

Being half-asleep, I was listening to Walk To The Water and I swear I heard:

A man with a fruitcake
Full of things he doesn't need

Funny, seems appropriate...

goat

My favourite misheard lyric so far has got to be:

It's a beautiful day
the sky's full of felines.

Although there is the classic, which I've heard sung by a million people at least:

I believe in the
King of Kong

:D

Back
Top Bottom