Lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
I like these songs but the lyrics to miracle drug and elevation have to be among the worst of all time.

Elevation:
High, higher than the sun
You shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here
At corner of your lips
As the orbit of your hips
Eclipse
You elevate my soul

I've got no self control
Been living like a mole now
Going down, excavation
I and I in the sky
You make me feel like I can fly
So high
Elevation

A star
Lit up like a cigar
Strung out like a guitar
Maybe you can educate my mind

Explain all these controls
Can't sing but I've got soul
The goal is elevation

A mole
Digging in a hole
Digging up my soul now
Going down, excavation

I and I in the sky
So high
Elevation

Love
Lift me up out of these blues
Won't you tell me something true
I believe in you

A mole
Digging in a hole
Digging up my soul now
Going down, excavation

Higher now
In the sky
So high
Elevation

Elevation
Elevation
Elevation

Miracle Drug:
I want to trip inside your head
Spend the day there...
To hear the things you haven't said
And see what you might see

I want to hear you when you call
Do you feel anything at all?
I want to see your thoughts take shape
And walk right out

Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a new born baby's head

The songs are in your eyes
I see them when you smile
I've had enough I'm not giving up
On a miracle drug

Of science and the human heart
There is no limit
There is no failure here sweetheart
Just when you quit...

I am you and you are mine
Love makes nonsense of space
And time...will disappear
Love and logic keep us clear
Reason is on our side, love...

I've had enough of romantic love
I'd give it up, yeah, I'd give it up
For a miracle, a miracle drug, a miracle drug

God I need your help tonight

Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear a voice
It's whispering
In science and in medicine
"I was a stranger
You took me in"

I've had enough of romantic love
I'd give it up, yeah, I'd give it up
For a miracle, miracle drug

Miracle, miracle drug

i agree with Elevation but you think the lyrics to MD are bad?

With the exception of:

Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a new born baby's head

I love the lyrics. Do you know what the song is about?

I like both of these songs too. :wink:

I can understand you not liking Elevation lyrics, but I think Miracle Drug is quite pretty at times.

Each to his own I guess. Just ignore the lyrics.:)

I think the "Beneath the noise" Edge part if MD is lyrical sex.

Umm i love Elevations lyrics...they aren't meant to be life changing brilliant imagery wonderous wordplay lyrics (if Bono has said otherwise i will kick him:wink:)....they are just meant to be fun...

The only really bad part of Elevation is "a mole digging in a hole," I like all the other lyrics...in fact the line "been living like a mole now" isn't bad at all, trust me, I know people that live like moles!! means you're in the darkness a lot :wink: I don't get all the hate for this song...and Miracle Drug? I'd say overall that has pretty GOOD lyrics... and the "freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" line is odd but not necessarily bad... gotta give Bono points for originality at least. What I love is the fact that he uses the same line in Levitate, meaning that lyric has been swimming around in his brain for like five years :laugh:

haha it therefore kinda infers that, the 'freedom has a scent....' libe means a lot to him and has a pretty deep meaning again to Bono....just we haven't worked out yet what he is on about:scratch:

LJT said:
haha it therefore kinda infers that, the 'freedom has a scent....' libe means a lot to him and has a pretty deep meaning again to Bono....just we haven't worked out yet what he is on about:scratch:

hehe, yeah....I've sort of excused that line by thinking I'll know what he's talking about when/if I have a newborn baby...other than that, I like the lyrics.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

hehe, yeah....I've sort of excused that line by thinking I'll know what he's talking about when/if I have a newborn baby...other than that, I like the lyrics.

i could see all of us sniffing the head of our first new bown baby and thinking, ahhhhh, so thats what bono meant.

Chizip said:

i could see all of us sniffing the head of our first new bown baby and thinking, ahhhhh, so thats what bono meant.

:lol:

Some of you have referred to Elevation's lyrics as 'pure shit'. Then what is impure shit? Is it worse? :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Some of you have referred to Elevation's lyrics as 'pure shit'. Then what is impure shit? Is it worse? :wink:

Yes...it's the lyrics to Always

hide.gif

neutral said:

Yes...it's the lyrics to Always

hide.gif

I love Always :sad:

but that smilie is hilarious :D

soon after HTDAAB came out I saw some lady with a newborn baby and I was really tempted to just lean over and smell it :lol:

pure ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pyr)
adj. pur·er, pur·est

Having a homogeneous or uniform composition; not mixed

So this means "pure" shit is shit that is 100% shit.

"Impure" shit would mean shit that contains some foreign substance in it. But the foreign substance could be something good like chocolate.

So wouldn't "impure" shit that consists of some amount of chocolate be better than "pure" shit that is just 100% shit?

Last edited:
"Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a new born baby's head"

I think this is one of his bravest lines.

People really don't know what it means?

Okay, we are in agreement that pure shit = 100% shit and impure shit is made up of some other substance. This means that impure shit < pure shit making pure shit the better of the 2.

*I can't believe I sat and thought about this before replying*:reject:

Chizip said:

So this means "pure" shit is shit that is 100% shit.

"Impure" shit would mean shit that contains some foreign substance in it. But the foreign substance could be something good like chocolate.

So wouldn't "impure" shit that consists of some amount of chocolate be better than "pure" shit that is just 100% shit?

:lol:

No, the chocolate in there makes it worse because then you'd feel sick to the stomach seeing good chocolate go to waste. At least if it's pure shit, you can flush it down without batting an eyelid. :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Okay, we are in agreement that pure shit = 100% shit and impure shit is made up of some other substance. This means that impure shit < pure shit making pure shit the better of the 2.

*I can't believe I sat and thought about this before replying*:reject:

i dont buy that pure shit is better than impure shit

if i were forced to eat shit, a terrible thought i know, but it is a common derogatory saying, i would rather eat an impure shit that consisted of chocolate and marshmallows rather than the pure shit

i guess all that really matters is what is the foreign substance contained in the impure shit that determines if its really better or worse than pure shit. but considering shit is so bad, youd have to think almost any foreign substance would approve upon it.

so in conclusion, it is indeterminent whether pure shit is better or worse than impure shit

Chizip said:

GO find a baby and sniff! Please I dare ya!

I totally get it and I think it's a great line. Baby's smell like heaven. I don't know why everyone thinks it's a bad line:(

I agree with Elevation's lyrics kinda (Magoo), but the song itself just plain rocks out especially in concert.

I disagree with the Miracle Drug statement.
I have a very sick loved one and I pray for a miracle drug and this song has become extremely personal to me. Edge's lines are just so poignient (spelling?) to me but I guess that's just my take on it.

Back
Top Bottom