Lay down your guns, all your K-Marters, all you Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hallucination said:

Well the people who blindly follow Moore and belive everything he says are as dumb as those who blindly follow Bush and believe everything he says so I guess it evens out.:laugh:

I couldn't agree more and I'm a registered Conservative.....sometimes the truth just hurts.Like Laura Bush calling Hurricane Katrina ,"Hurricane Corrina"..c'mon you're The First Lady get the name of the most vicious storm ever to hit U.S. soil right.:mad:

VertigoGal said:

Okay...the majority of people were looting food, water, and clothing. A few people may have taken TVs the first day, when it appeared they would be spared total devastation, but that's about it. The guy(s) that raped someone? The crowd beat him/them to death. Dehydration often results in paranoia, sometimes meaning shooting at rescuers. It's common outside of this particular situation.

Of course there're a few bad elements in every situation, but there's no need to act like the people there are animals.

This situation is much different from the Asian tsunami, also.

So, I don't think Bono needs to come on and start making a big deal out of a few incidents, especially during a fund raiser for those very people, when the much larger problem lies with the government's incompetence handling the aftermath. It's that incompetence which lead to such a desperate situation 3 or 4 days after the fact.

New Orleans was a war zone after the hurricane hit....Kmart's Walmart's and some gun stores were looted...witness the military having to come into restore order.It wasn't a few incidents..one of my friend's best friend works for NOPD..so he knows the real story....it was "Escape from New Orleans" there for awhile.

Of course I don't really know what Bono was trying to say in the first place.

VertigoGal said:

Okay...the majority of people were looting food, water, and clothing. A few people may have taken TVs the first day, when it appeared they would be spared total devastation, but that's about it. The guy(s) that raped someone? The crowd beat him/them to death. Dehydration often results in paranoia, sometimes meaning shooting at rescuers. It's common outside of this particular situation.

Of course there're a few bad elements in every situation, but there's no need to act like the people there are animals.

This situation is much different from the Asian tsunami, also.

So, I don't think Bono needs to come on and start making a big deal out of a few incidents, especially during a fund raiser for those very people, when the much larger problem lies with the government's incompetence handling the aftermath. It's that incompetence which lead to such a desperate situation 3 or 4 days after the fact.

New Orleans was a war zone after the hurricane hit....Kmart's Walmart's and some gun stores were looted...witness the military having to come into restore order.It wasn't a few incidents..one of my friend's best friend works for NOPD..so he knows the real story....it was "Escape from New Orleans" there for awhile.

I'm sure that someone once wrote that 'civilization is three missed meals away from anarchy'

I didn't have breakfast, and skipped lunch today, so things are on the edge at this end.

FYI, in the show last night Bono used to the original wording, so I'm guessing that this "controversial" lyrics change was a one-off.

Back
Top Bottom