Invisible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's the lyric.. the only thing I'm unsure of is the whispered part.. in bold.

It’s like the room just cleared of smoke
I didn't even want the heart you broke
It’s yours to keep
You just might need one

I finally found my real name
I won’t be me when you see me again
No, I won’t be my father’s son

[Chorus]
I’m more than you know
I’m more than you see here
More than you let me be
I’m more than you know
A body in a soul
You don’t see me but you will
I am not invisible

(That's right
I’ll be in the invisible world)

I don’t dream, not as such
I don’t even think about you that much
Unless I start to think at all

All those frozen days
And your frozen ways
They melt away your face like snow

[Chorus]
I’m more than you know
I’m more than you see here
I’m more than you let me be
I’m more than you know
A body in a soul
You don’t see me but you will
I am not invisible
I am here

[Outro]
There is no them
There is no them
There’s only us
There’s only us
There is no them
There is no them
There’s only us
There’s only us
There is no them
There is no them
There’s only you
And there’s only me
There is no them

Gotta say, this is one of Bono's better lyrics in recent memory. Borrows heavily on themes he's touched on before (COBL) but this kind of borrowing is certainly nothing new.

I do miss the Waterloo lyric referenced in the "making of" video.. I wonder why he'd take this out. To make the song less specific? more universal?

The whispered part in bold (which is correct I believe) is rapidly becoming my second favourite part of the song (after the frozen days/frozen ways line) :drool:

The whispered part in bold (which is correct I believe) is rapidly becoming my second favourite part of the song (after the frozen days/frozen ways line) :drool:

mine too.. great bit of texture that rewards close, careful listening!

oh lol I didn't even see that one... I thought it was Body and soul as well, not body in a soul.. :hmm: Now I'm not sure.

I am still unsure if it's really "A body in a soul" and not simply "A body and a soul", which would make more sense. "A body in a soul", however, is interesting, a bit esoteric, though :lol:

Thanks for posting Reg :up:

My favorite part of the song is when Edge comes screaming in after Bono I am here (I think)

Also the synths bring me back to the '80's a little Kraftwerk but I think as Gabe said too a more Joy Division.... the song is just getting better for me and I've listened to it a fair amount.

Gotta say, this is one of Bono's better lyrics in recent memory. Borrows heavily on themes he's touched on before (COBL) but this kind of borrowing is certainly nothing new.

I do miss the Waterloo lyric referenced in the "making of" video.. I wonder why he'd take this out. To make the song less specific? more universal?

Spot on with this too, it kinda heartens me that the lyrics are this good and I have an optimistic feeling about this album.

Back
Top Bottom