In a little while - "pram"??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
I am trying to figure out what a "pram" is in the song In a little While. In the line "..a little girl with spanish eyes, when I saw her in a pram that pushed her by.."

What the hell is a pram? Is it a bus or some other mode of transportation? Or is it an Irish thing?

Can anyone help?

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Americans just gotta be different, don't they
biggrin.gif

yarof

Bono is talking about his wife Ali in this song right? Or is he writing about his daughters?

I'm pretty positive that this song is for his wife, but that whole stroller thing is somewhat kinky. Or not. Whatever floats Bono's boat I guess.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

My guess ii that the song is about his daughters. (my how you've grown), but at the same time it could be about Ali. He dedicated that song to her in Miami.

It seems to be the general consensus on this board and in reviews that the song could be about Ali, and I tend to agree. As for the "pram" thing, I think he's just saying he's known her since they were kids (not that he wanted to DO her when she was in the pram!!). Which is not to be taken too literally, since they met when they were teenagers (I believe), but still gets the point across.

Back
Top Bottom