Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swingn2thaMusic

The Fly
So I just repainted my room blue (oddly enough i wasn't even thinking about your blue room at the time) and had an idea to stencil some lyric on my one wall. So the point of this post, was is there any U2 lyric you would reccomend, as I'm having trouble narrowing down all the options!
thanks
-Caity K.

Unfortunately I haven't took any pictures yet! It's where I study at University! I've written really many verses! Verses of THE WANDERER(I went out walking under an atomic sky), HEARTLAND(She feels like water in my hands), ZOOROPA(You got the right shoes to get you through the night), GONE(I'll be up with the sun), ZOO STATION(I'm just down the line from your love), ANGEL OF HARLEM(Lady Day got diamond eyes), LEMON (Midnight is where the day begins), Miracle Drug (Freedom has a Scent), ACROBAT (Don't believe what you see)
LAST NIGHT ON EARTH (There's heat in the sun to see us through the rain), NUMB (Don't Run if You can Walk), MYSTERIOUS WAYS (Lift My Days Light Up My Nights), IF YOU WEAR THAT VELVET DRESS (Light flickers from across the hall, who'll catch the star when it falls), ONE TREE HILL (Poets speak their hearts) ONE STEP CLOSER (A Heart that hurts is a Heart that beats) SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN (A House doesn't make a Home) SPECTACULAR TIMES and TASTE IS THE ENEMY OF ART

I've written them right in the way you've described! It looks real zooish I can tell you!! It's one of the coolest things you can do to make your room look real special and different! Many people who came in my room remained very impressed! Plus, being an astronomy addicted, I have drawn at the ceiling many constellations, and now I'm searching some phosphorescent stars to attach!
My room is a piece of art, modestly:kiss:

But I already bought the paint, when the owner of my house saw it, she said: "When are you planning to clean this mess up?", I said: "This is art!", and she went back: "You do art better on paper, not on walls!" :wink:

Feck! :mad:
But we got together to a compromise, as long as I stay there the walls will remain like they are. When I will leave that house I will clean, but not before the millions of photos I will shoot!

It looks good, boy it looks damn good!:yes: :yes:

Last edited:
Try to do it in different sizes and different writings, don't be afraid if you think to be not artistic, it's a thing you may discover! Maybe you don't know, but you can have many ideas right in the exact moment you're gonna write what flows through your mind.
Just follow your feelings, you will see there will come something excellent. I made it in a whole night, when I was a bit sad actually, I never wanted to write on walls, but I have done it without knowing how and why.........................:)
Just catch the moment when your soul and heart unite, you will see you wont need any suggestions, everything lies where you have to find it.............................;)
Let me know!

Last edited:
wow...that was pretty deep:ohmy: as of right now i think i'm just going to do one quote right above my bed "She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in, she's gonna dream out loud" (ever notice how much Bono uses the 'Dream out loud" line?) but thanks for that advice about just following what i feel, i don't do that enough :wink:

that is a good verse ;) Write everything in what you really believe, and last little advice...................do it by nights, there's the right magic to transform in beauty..........................

babyman said:

But I already bought the paint, when the owner of my house saw it, she said: "When are you planning to clean this mess up?", I said: "This is art!", and she went back: "You do art better on paper, not on walls!" :wink:

You should have said "They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art" ;)

Swingn2thaMusic, why not use a line from Your blue room :shrug:

I was thinking that, and then i thought to myself...Caitlin, that would be very cliche! and then i realized that i wanted a lyric that was kind of hopeful and what not, and really liked the zooropa lyric...so i'm pretty sure that's what i'm going to go with. My mom sais she liked it, but won't let me stencil it, she wants to get my neighbor, who is really good at art to do it (told you i wasn't very artistic! my own mother doesn't trust me with making something permanant on my walls:wink: )

U2girl, I need your help! I'm planning to come to Slovenia this summer for 4-5 days. I'm italian, do I need the passport or is the identity card sufficient?

Caitlin, sorry if I use your thread for a personal question!! But I didn't know where to place this question in interference, sorry!
:hug:

Don't worry, babyman! I'm not one of those people who freaks over little things like off topic posts or whatever. feel free to ask away!:hug:

I wish i had ideas! i've been trying so hard to come up with a way to make that whole "words-all-over-the-wall-in-zoo-TV-style" work, but i just can't! the artwork isn't coming along just yet...we have to wait until we put in all the new furniture (bed, dresser, etc.) so that we know where to stencil. i know that sounds crazy, but...well my family is a little :coocoo:

:) oh, no! it doesn't sound crazy at all! :)

I trust your abilities, you will sure make something beautiful ;)

Meanwhile train a bit, make a few tries on paper. Go on with your fantasy and write everything what comes into your mind. You might find a sense in something you would define senseless............... Try, Caty, try! Never get tired!
;)

oddly enough brightest star, i did take a picture and try to put words on the wall about a week ago! it turned out...okay at best. and can i just say, i love how encouraging you all are! :D even if my mother doesn't trust me to write on my walls you guys actually condone it!

So about that paint brush! for some reason i have to wait for new carpet and furniture to come in first. i thought this was crazy...but when you're still 16 and live in your parents' house...you live by their rules. however carpet comes this week and then furniture sometime soon after...then there will be pictures for all!

So i just said that to my mom and she gave me one of those 'did i really raise you? are you really my kid?' looks and then walked away :lol:

^:lmao:

that WOULD make sense if you from any other family than my own...however, maybe it's just the water in jersey or something, but my family tends to do things the hard way sometimes:wink:

Back
Top Bottom