Goodbye Ruby Tuesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I just heard my 1st concert version of Bad a few weeks ago, and I was wondering why Bono says"Goodbye Ruby Tuesday, who's gonna hang a name on you", etc. it's amazing, but i was wondering what it means because he only(as far as I know) sings it after Bad. This is a stupid question, but I've only been a fan for 3 years.Thanks

"Ruby Tuesday" is an old song by the Rolling Stones. Just one of those songs that Bono throws in at the end of "Bad." It was usually followed by a few lines from "Sympathy For the Devil" ("Pleased to meet you ... hope you guess my name...").

The Corrs also did a cover of "Ruby Tuesday," if you're interested.

Great song, by the way. I'm not a Stones fan, but that's one of of my favourites by anybody.

EDIT: If you've heard the Live Aid version, Bono tosses in a line from Satellite of Love by Lou Reed in the front and ends with a sorta improvised version of Walk On The Wild Side, also by Lou Reed. Our man has excellent taste! :D

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
EDIT: If you've heard the Live Aid version, Bono tosses in a line from Satellite of Love by Lou Reed in the front and ends with a sorta improvised version of Walk On The Wild Side, also by Lou Reed. Our man has excellent taste! :D

Thanks! I was wondering about that. I had the satellite of love thing in my head all day today- even when i was sitting next to my crush. LOL

Back
Top Bottom