Funny Words in U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Post here your love, or hate, for "funny" words in U2 songs--please specify the song it comes from.

For example:

Mole--Elevation

(this is kind of a spin-off of the "lyrics you could live without" thread.)

billy boola.

i wanna blow my mind but i'm not the suffering kind
you take your chances in no-go land
i'm up all night on my baby's baby grand
hang on, hang on
hey, kill the jigs'n'reels, i got the highest heels
baby's getting slicker with a quicker tongue
baby's getting bigger, oh mama, this is your song
hang on, hang on

moola moola billy boola
moola hey
hula hula o say bolo
yeah billy boola
oh pa coca cola ee yay oh
yeah checka check hey
don't lose the coola
moola moola billy boola
hey billy boola
hula hula o say bolo
he sucka dicka
la da dee dee da
hang on, hang on
billy boola billy boola billy boola

baby's a big flirt, nipples in a t-shirt
took a boat across the drunken sea
i'm still afloat, you're going down on me
hang on, hang on

moola moola billy boola
moola
hula hula o say bolo
hey billy boola
yeah she gotta
he licka dicka
moola moola billy boola
hey billy boola
hula hula o say bolo
hey chicka
la da dee dee da

roll on in, check on in, come on in
you're safe inside of love
walk on in, climb on in, jump on in
safe inside of love
safe inside of love
roll on in, check on in, come on in
walk on in, climb on in, jump on in

so uhh..yeah... :D

UltravioletU2 said:
Hmmm....

I must be pretty out of it? Forgive my ignorance, but what song is that!? :coocoo:
Billy Boola. As Khanada's subject says. :) Gavin Friday song. In The Name Of The Father soundtrack. :yes:

parapet - Always :lol:

Boola (and maybe the Billy part) was supposedly named after a neighborhood dog. :scratch: i have the quote somewhere.. in the u2 abyss on my computer..

i was gonna bold the first time the words billy boola was said in the song, but i forgot to. :silent:

the first time i heard that song, i heard it in RA format (my comp at the time was so slow i couldn't even play mp3's!) and i'd never heard of the song before. i was like :scratch:

:laugh:

Boom cha--Discotheque
Vorsprung...--Zooropa

DISCUSSION QUESTION: Why does it seem like all the "funny words" are from the Zooropa and post-Zooropa eras?

oliveu2cm said:
Boola (and maybe the Billy part) was supposedly named after a neighborhood dog. :scratch: i have the quote somewhere.. in the u2 abyss on my computer..

Hmmm...so that's where it's from.

oliveu2cm said:
Somehow it sounds dirty to my guttered mind to imagine Bono and Gavin 'Boola' into a neighbour's garden... :mac: :tongue: :angel:

whenever that song comes on in the car, my husband and i always sing the first part but once we get to the "moola moola" part i always :laugh: making him :laugh: and we're too :lmao: to sing the rest of the song.

Michael Jackson is MORE than a strange word, UVU2. He surpasses it. No longer King of Pop, Jacko has abdicated his throne in favor of becoming the King of Strange Behaviour.

MiniFly said:
Michael Jackson is MORE than a strange word, UVU2. He surpasses it. No longer King of Pop, Jacko has abdicated his throne in favor of becoming the King of Strange Behaviour.

:lol:

So true. I loved what happened in the last year. He wants to sue his record label for bad marketing cuz his album never sold. Uh, could it be because everything things he's STRANGE and his fan base has significantly shrunk and very few are now interested in his music?! Oh, no, it's the record's fault entirely.

Absurd!
:huh: :laugh:

Michael Jackson is insane, completely. Very disturbing! Anyway, I never heard of this crazy Billy Boola song you guys are talking about, does anyone know where I could download it?

But my pick for funniest word would have to be '...I was a MONKEY... ' , that is just one bizarre thing for a rock and roll singer to blurt out!! :huh:

UltravioletU2 said:
So true. I loved what happened in the last year. He wants to sue his record label for bad marketing cuz his album never sold. Uh, could it be because everything things he's STRANGE and his fan base has significantly shrunk and very few are now interested in his music?! Oh, no, it's the record's fault entirely.
:yes:

i think it was a combination of three things:

1. he hadn't released a studio album since 1991's (1992?) dangerous.
2. in between then and now, he just got more and more weird, as his nose shrunk.
3. his previous efforts since dangerous (history, and that dance cd) bombed.

Back
Top Bottom