Feelings that certain U2 songs cause you to have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Just curious as to what feelings/emotions you guys get when listening to certain U2 songs.

The biggest one for me is Ultraviolet (Light My Way). The song is just so bittersweet to me. It makes me so happy, and yet, at the same time makes me so sad. This is going to get personal, btw:

-I'm currently in love with my best friend...and I don't think she feels the same way about me. But I'm not sure. Sometimes it seems like she does, but that could just be her personality. Anyways, after spending time with her, I always listen to Ultraviolet. The song reminds me of her so much that when I hear it, it's almost like she's right there with me. As of right now, I'm away to college and she is back home. We only get to see each other every two or three weeks, and that is terrible for best friends! Especially when I am in love with her....but I listen to Ultraviolet several times a day, and it does help. But then it makes me sad because it just reminds me that I'm not with her.

One Tree Hill - whenever I listen to this song I feel like I'm in New York City. I know it's kind of strange, but it gives me that feeling more than City of Blinding Lights or New York do, which is funny cause those songs are actually about NYC.

Do You Feel Loved - reminds me of staying up late at night and roaming the city of Las Vegas with my roommates.

In A Little While and With or Without You - connected to the story I have about my best friend above. One night, we were laying on a blanket in a park together, talking. We had music playing. We talked about how many amazing memories we have together and our future. We talked about how things would be different when I moved to college, but that we would always be best friends. During this talk, In A Little While was playing. We sat and listened for a bit, and then my best friend turned to me and told me she had been thinking lately about our future and told me that she could see us getting married and growing old together. At this point With or Without You came on (haha cliche, I know, but honestly, this was one of my favorite moments ever and it's given me a new appreciation for WOWY). I told my best friend that if I could make one wish and have it come true, it would be that she would fall in love with me and that we could get married and spend the rest of our lives together. Then we shared an amazing kiss and ended a great night just listening to the rest of With or Without You.

Anyways, your guys' turn! :D

When I listen to Walk To The Water I think back to last fall when I went to this festival at my school and I met this girl that I ended up liking. I bought WTTW that day and I listened to it on the drive up to the school. I usually get sad thinking about it. I know I'll never get to live and have the same feelings like I did that night ever again, most likely. There's a whole story about it in a thread here in "It's A Musical Journey".

I also get really pumped and energetic when listening to Breathe. It just gives me this driving energy unlike any other song. It also takes me back to seeing 360 last year.

Not really counting as a U2 song but I still get emotions when listening to it. Your Blue Room takes me back to last year around October when I went to a U2 concert. I always think back to that time last year when listening to it. It's really great driving to it at night with some fairly moderate traffic.

I live out in a sort of back-country area where there's just fields and trees and such and I enjoy listening to White As Snow outside. Especially in winter with snow on the ground. It just creates this haunting feeling, especially the part with "and the water, it was icy/ as it washed over me/ and the moon shine oh oh oh over me" or whatever it is. I get a real chill up my spine during that part.

When I Look At The World gives me the same feelings sort of as WTTW. I think of that girl a lot when I hear the chorus. "And so I try to be like you/ Try to feel it like you do/ But without you it's no use/ I can't see what you see/ When I look at the world". I know the song is a talk with God but at the time I first heard it I was really liking that girl and I don't know but it just created these feelings.

I just got through a bad break up, that was totally my fault. Some of these lyrics remind me of this and that often brings up feelings.
Like in until the end of the world: I kissed your lips and broke your heart.

and ofcourse to remind myself that love isnt everything:
from love is blindness: love is blindness, i dont wanna see.

On a less personal level, I get an immensely epic feeling from both City of Blinding Lights intro and New Years Day intro. Utter epicness. Which can bring out many emotions in my opinion.

I don't know why I feel joy and many positive emotions always when I listen to I still haven't found what I'm looking for and Stuck in a moment :)

Back
Top Bottom