Favorite Obscure U2 Lyric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dizzy said:

Heehee. Understand it better , I should say.

Well, we know that "The Fly" is about the carnal nature of man. This is just what I gather from Bono's little speech on TF in Elevation. When he says/sings "You walk out into the sportshall, lights go down...it's a whole different scene...light & motion,...IT'S SO HARD TO WALK AWAY...YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL..., I guess he's talking about how difficult it is to get carried away with the fame and worldly pleasures that stardom has to offer. But then that very lust for power can ultimately bring you down. :bono: sings the lines from TF right after that...."Love we shine like a burning star, falling from the sky tonight", which I guess, is in reference to Lucifer the fallen angel and what happened to him. Those lines are his are his answer to his rockstar predicament.
Ah, I see. This is a real cool interpretation. :up: I've never heard of it before. :)

Edge's Birthday song

happy birthday dear the eeedggeee
[crowd] happy birthday to you

Gonna make it up babe as i go along
Gonna make your rhythem and turn it to song
Gonna make it up babe as i go along, cos i love you
and our love is true

____

does anyone have the full lyrics to this song?

Your Blue Room

And time is a string of pearls (your blue room)
See the future just hanging there (your blue room)

Simply beautiful

Jen :cool:

When I downloaded the song, there was no date, but try WinMX

look up UU2 - Elevation Tour - Sweetest T & intro

thats what the file name of the song is called....

:shrug:

FallingStar said:
And there is another obscue lyric on my mind all at once: Sometimes in Two Hearts Bono sang 'Let's twist again like we did last summer....' over and over. It's been really cool. :yes:

:yes: :up: I just heard that on The Complete Boston 83 tapes. (Thanks dsmith2904!) I think the actual concert is May 6, 1983, but it can also be found dated May 29, 1983. He also asked if the crowd remembered the words because he didn't and told the crowd he was going to get them to sing! Man, I wish I were there! I fell in love with U2 a less than a month later when they played at the US festival in California on May 30, 1983 and I saw the concert on TV.

Also, on the same bootleg - during "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart" he sings "We've been waiting, we've been waiting all day for you..." (or similar). Soo Cool!

senrab said:
[B- Bono's charming solo with acoustic guitar at either the beginning or end of Kite. [/B]

I think it started at the Boston 2 concert (June 6, 2001). Bono missed the "In Summer I can taste the salt from the sea" verse during the song. If you watch the Elevation DVD, the missing verse is there (taped from 6/5) - but you can see Bono and Adam crack up where he really missed it on 6/6. At the end of the song, he played the missed verse and thanked everyone for hanging around I think.. :)

BostonAnne said:
:yes: :up: I just heard that on The Complete Boston 83 tapes. (Thanks dsmith2904!) I think the actual concert is May 6, 1983, but it can also be found dated May 29, 1983. He also asked if the crowd remembered the words because he didn't and told the crowd he was going to get them to sing! Man, I wish I were there! I fell in love with U2 a less than a month later when they played at the US festival in California on May 30, 1983 and I saw the concert on TV.

Also, on the same bootleg - during "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart" he sings "We've been waiting, we've been waiting all day for you..." (or similar). Soo Cool!
Yeah! I have this bootleg from 1983 I think! It's so cool! Bono forgetting his own lyrics. :lol:

And he sang that An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart ending very often not just on this bootleg. In a gig in Germany 1983 he did it as well. :dance:

BostonAnne said:

I think it started at the Boston 2 concert (June 6, 2001). Bono missed the "In Summer I can taste the salt from the sea" verse during the song. If you watch the Elevation DVD, the missing verse is there (taped from 6/5) - but you can see Bono and Adam crack up where he really missed it on 6/6. At the end of the song, he played the missed verse and thanked everyone for hanging around I think.. :)

So that's how he started doing his acoustic ending?! Cool!

I've always wondered what that little eyebrow by Adam was about!

Back
Top Bottom