Favorite/Least Favorite Lyric on No Line ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best line, and probably the best line of Bono's this decade:

"I tied myself with wire. To let the horses run free."

Worst line:

It's a toss-up between "I got a submarine. You got gasoline" and "Stop helping God across the road like a little old lady" (like the idea of the second, but the way it's sung plus how its worded just sounds silly, much like freedom has a scent...etc.) However, the submarine/gasoline rhyme is just plain moronic.

So i guess the line with no redeeming value is the "submarine/gasoline" one. I guess that's my decision.

I think alot of it has to do with the way the lyrics are delivered.

I love MOS.....but I absaluty hate "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeven on our wedding day....I cant stand it. Its not a bad lyric, and certainly in context with the song but the delivery is terrible in my opinion. I cant say it ruins the song, but....grr I just dont like the way it sounds.

On the other hand, The entire last verse in Breath is absolutly amazing in my opinion. I found grace inside the sound, i found grace its all I found. and then the guitar....amazing....its a great lyric and delivered perfect.

Some of us have mentioned "stop helping god across the road like a little old lady" I like it. Not the best line of lyrics but to me its almost like Bono steps outside of himself and telling himself to stop pushing god/religion on everyone. God doesnt need need any help and if people want to find him they can without the constant reminder of his presence.

to be honest, I think most of the albums lyrics are terrible.

But so Im not accused of being a troll, my favortie lyrics are those in Magnificent. Except for the title, idk it sounds weird to me. But to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom