Favorite HTDAAB lyric?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
For me, the two stand out lyrics are the two inspired by his father's death, Sometimes and One step closer.
Honorable mention City of blinding lights.

For me it is City of blinding lights- one can come up with so various interpretations...Thats what I love about U2 :wink:

And Original of the species as well.

*Edited, because i just recalled what i like most in COBL- its the verse "Time...wont leave me as i am...." etc. Simply perfect.

Last edited:
One Step Closer
A Man and a Woman
SYCMIOYO

There are a lot of lyrics that stand out more than the songs, there are some from some songs, some from others. There is true genius in Bono's writing, even if just here and there, it's there.

Miracle Drug...yeah baby.

Runner-up - Love and Peace of Else. I don't know why... I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this song. Can't wait to hear it live. My favorite lyric from it is the whole Daughters of Zion bit.

Crumbs, crumbs....let's play some crumbs....

that one can speak to you differently each time you listen like all of the best U2 songs.....it was really speaking to me the other day.

:applaud: I absolutely love the last line in City Of Blinding Lights ...its soooo cool the way he kind of squeezes this line in the end...love it

Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel....luckily

'the heart that hearts is the heart that beats....can you hear the drummer slowing' from One Step Closer is very moving.

'We fight all the time, you and I, thats alright....we're the same soul' from Sometimes is a brilliant line and sums up a lot of friends or family relationships where you are very similar to someone.

The whole of Crumbs has great lyrics especially 'where you live should not decide, whether you live or whether you die'.

I love Crumbs!!
..Pretty as a picture for all there to see
Then your face caught up with your psychology.
With a mouthful of teeth you ate all your friends
and you broke every heart thinking every heart mends.

I just love those lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom