Do U2 do any songs about............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dani California

Acrobat
:wave: hi guys

I didn't know where to put this so if its in the wrong place please feel free to move it :up: but as its about songs and song lyrics anyway thought I was in the right place:D

Do U2 do any songs about feeling tense, or in particular, feelings of anxiety, that sort of thing? I cannot think of any, and hate to think I was missing out on any so thought I'd ask you guys.

Discuss away! :D

RTSS and Daddy's gonna pay have elements of anxiety due to heroin...

Last Night On Earth has elements of anxiety...

Xanax and Wine...

There's probably others but I can't think of them off the top of my head. None that I can think deal directly with just anxiety, the closest being Xanax and Wine, but many have elements of anxiety.

RTSS and Daddy's gonna pay have elements of anxiety due to heroin...

Last Night On Earth has elements of anxiety...

Xanax and Wine...

There's probably others but I can't think of them off the top of my head. None that I can think deal directly with just anxiety, the closest being Xanax and Wine, but many have elements of anxiety.

Thanks. :D

The only ones I recognise out of those are Daddy's gonna pay and last night on earth:up: I'm quite a newbie fan really but really getting into them now.:D

What RTSS and xanax and wine?

I think Bad has a sense of anxiety about it... Nothing springs to mind though.

RTSS is Running To Stand Still (Joshua Tree) and Xanex and Wine is sort of the first version of Fast Cars (How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb)

You can request it in the request forum, otherwise, it was released with the Complete U2 package on iTunes. It will be in the subscriber cd set for U2.com aswell.

Electrical Storm is about both tension between a man and a woman and the tension and anxiety in the world. Written as during the build up to the Iraq war.

Dana

Electrical Storm is about both tension between a man and a woman and the tension and anxiety in the world. Written as during the build up to the Iraq war.

Dana

Oooh yes, I've just discovered electrical storm, not the william orbit version on the best of :up: OMG, what a song that is.........where can I get the actual band version and not the william orbit one? Can anyone help? Love the song :heart:

BAD is absolutely one of my all time favorite tension-release songs:

If you twist and turn away,
If you tear yourself in two again..

If I could, Yes, I would
If I could, I would...

...Let it go (and the bass line of the song immediately begins to pull the song along, giving a feeling of release from the tension of the opening lyric)

EXIT from JT
It's about an homicide or a suicide. BTW here is some lyrics:

He put his hands in the pocket
His finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
his heart he could feel
Was beating, beating
Beating, beating oh my love

The music is first quiet but pulsing, then it explodes into some violent guitar chords

Ciao
Andrea

Back
Top Bottom