Did Bono write lyrics for WLCTT or did B.B. King?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
I thought it was Bono, but watching the video of the song, Bono seems to be praising BB for some lyrics - he is reading a line and pats BB saying, "That's good.." There are also some parts later in the video when he seems impressed with some lyrics - is he happy with his own lyrics or praising BB?

Anyone know for sure?

B-Man wrote them all, in the video (i guess you're referring to Rattle & Hum), Bono asks him to play the chords of the song. BB claims to be horrible with chord, and in fact he played improvised solos. But the lyrics are written all by Bono, BB in fact congratulates with him for writing such deep lyrics at a so young age

I watched it on the Best of 1980-1990 videos, not Rattle and Hum. But I think it's the same footage. It does def seem like B is praising BB for the songs, lol. Like when he says " But I've seen love conquer the great divide", he seems really impressed there.... with his own work??

Babydoll said:
I watched it on the Best of 1980-1990 videos, not Rattle and Hum. But I think it's the same footage. It does def seem like B is praising BB for the songs, lol. Like when he says " But I've seen love conquer the great divide", he seems really impressed there.... with his own work??

we cannot deny it's a great line!!

I tihnk he was just finishing up the last line with confidence, and then turning to BB for his assurance. You know the feeling, after you read an essay or something you've written, and you get that last line out, then smile for assurance from others.

yes, I do. i've written enough essays to know how good it feels when someone i look to for their opinion is happy with my work. rock on, bono! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom