Did anyone else hear "I was a mountain cat, swimming with hordes of bees" in Wild hon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
Did anyone else hear "I was a mountain cat, swimming with hordes of bees" in Wild hon

I swear, until I saw the lyrics, it seemed like he said that. Which is wierd cuz there's no such thing as a mountain cat. There are mountain lions, or pumas but not cat. Anyway, did anyone else mishear Wild Honey? Id be relieved to know I wasn't the only one :D

:lmao: Heh. lions /are/ cats.

What he actually says is 'I was a monkey stealing honey from a swarm of bees'.

Devlin said:
:lmao: Heh. lions /are/ cats.

What he actually says is 'I was a monkey stealing honey from a swarm of bees'.

I know, I know. When I first heard it a few years ago, I thought he said what I said previously.

haha -- you misheard pretty much every bit of that line. :lol: Bono does turn "monkey" into a three-syllable word though, so I can see the confusion "...mo-on-key..."

I think I'd prefer Bono as a wild cat over a monkey :hmm:

Achtung_Bebe said:
haha -- you misheard pretty much every bit of that line. :lol: Bono does turn "monkey" into a three-syllable word though, so I can see the confusion "...mo-on-key..."

Maybe yours has a skip, I only hear two syllables.:wink:

That site is absolutely grand. Misheard lyrics are so fun. If you look under the first misheard lyric from ISHFWILF ("I like wine and clear fountains, But I really like lemon peels" for the opening lines :giggle: ), you'll find this:

The embarassing moment of revelation:
Well, I really liked the song, so I was singing it to myself as I walked down the street and someone who had an apartment above the street yelled "That's not how it goes!" and sang the real words for me.
Can you imagine?! :lmao:

I also like that someone there misheard HMTMKMKM in the exact same way that I did:

But they'll want their money back if you're a lying honeybee

:laugh:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
That site is absolutely grand. Misheard lyrics are so fun. If you look under the first misheard lyric from ISHFWILF ("I like wine and clear fountains, But I really like lemon peels" for the opening lines :giggle: ), you'll find this:

Can you imagine?! :lmao: ....

Yeah... and my new favorite:
The real lyrics were:
If you walkaway, walkaway
Walkaway, walkaway...i will follow

But I misheard them as:
In your underwear,underwear
Underwear,underwear...i will follow...

ROTFLMAO!! :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks for posting this site :) It's hilarious! :D

I never misheard Wild Honey but here are some of my mishearings

I heard Iodine in the sky as well, during Elevation, I thought it sounded better, and then I found out it was "I and I" and I was like, I prefer my version

And I have my own ending of Seconds "They don't know were the dance comes from" my ending is "They don't care but that's just wrong" I prefer mine :reject:

I have more as well

I thought that "yeah, just blowing in a breeze" was really

"Edge is blowing in a breeze"

:coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom