Confirmed! Oral sex reference in "Original of the Species"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:
^
eating a tin full of mints

as opposed to pineapple :huh:

Ah, I see! I don't think it works that way, sadly. It has something to do with enzymes or some other substance that is produced. Not sure, as I don't have a degree in bio-chemistry.
We need to do further research into this!!

biff said:

Ah, I see! I don't think it works that way, sadly. It has something to do with enzymes or some other substance that is produced. Not sure, as I don't have a degree in bio-chemistry.
We need to do further research into this!!

Set up a study. :sexywink:

Do you think it'll clear ethics?

Ok, at risk of being boo'd off the thread I'm just going to state my opinion anyway.

a) I do not believe this song is about any forms of sex really...Maybe Bono was confused about what song they were asking him about :wink: cause really, every other word to the song seems to go along with the whole Edge not wanting his daughter to grow up so fast.

b) I don't knwo how any of you can take U2 at the end of the world as a real source. For crying out loud, in the intro the author says something along the lines of, "the members of U2 will probably deny everything I say in this book, but really it's all true." yeah that makes me want to believe you.

Now I've had my say, and in the end, I did enjoy this thread. I just don't agree with it :wink:

biff said:

We can all think what we want, but that lyric is one of the few that Bono actually confirmed was about oral sex. The song's about breaking up and sexual jealousy. What could inspire more jealous bitterness than imagining someone else tasting your ex's "salt water kisses". (Not wanting to be too graphic, but women do have more than one pair of "lips"--they're not called labia for nothing.)

Apparently one of Warren Beatty's old pick up lines involved something along the line of "I'd like to see the colour of your lips". When the girl would reply "You're looking at my lips" he would answer "Not those lips". :D

Anyway, carry on.......

blueeyedgirl said:

Apparently one of Warren Beatty's old pick up lines involved something along the line of "I'd like to see the colour of your lips". When the girl would reply "You're looking at my lips" he would answer "Not those lips". :D

Anyway, carry on.......

Oh my :ohmy:

blueeyedgirl said:

It's amazing he got any girls with a line like that. Not exactly subtle, was he?

:bump: I am so glad I bumped into this thread :lmao:

although it may have run its course...

another "eroticized" lyric: "surrounding me, going down on me / spilling over the brim" followed by "waves of regret and waves of joy"

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom