Confirmed! Oral sex reference in "Original of the Species"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From "Big Girls Are Best":

As long as the night is coloured blue and black
Oh yeah yeah yeah
As long as you’re on your knees and she’s not on her back
Oh yeah yeah yeah

:D

Well personally I love OOTS and always believed it to be a love song. Honestly the topic of oral sex never crossed my mind when I first heard the kneeling part. Hey to each their own with how it's interpreted! lol. As for that poem,hmmm very interesting,hehe.

I see any kneeling references on Bomb as being about praying - in this case praying for Holly to stay the same person.

LyricalDrug said:
Well, Bono said it himself: "I eroticized it." If the lyric "And I kneel / cos' I want you some more" isn't the erotic part, then which part is?

:)

Bono's obsessed with kneeling in front of women, and I don't blame him heheheeh:wink:

LyricalDrug said:
Well, I just read the Bono interview in Rolling Stone, and I am here to gloat.

:sexywink:

I thought about that thread when I read that part of the interview and I laughed outloud and thought, let the gloating begin. :wink: I guess I always hear a double entendre when Bono talks about kneeling.

There is no proof that is what he meant, he never said it in so many words. I must admit at the risk of being called a prude that if it was a song about the daughter and it turned out to be about oral sex that is the most shameful, disgusting, sick and disgraceful thing he's ever done in any of his songs, and it makes me :barf: NOTE that I am NOT saying this about dirty stuff in songs in general, just dirty stuff in songs that start out as touching messages to a teenage daughter. But again we still do not know exactly what he meant, and none of us can put words in his mouth.

indra said:

:yes:

I think it should get the award for thread of the day! :D

Seriously.

5stars.gif

Re: Re: Confirmed! Oral sex reference in "Original of the Species"

joyfulgirl said:

I thought about that thread when I read that part of the interview and I laughed outloud and thought, let the gloating begin. :wink: I guess I always hear a double entendre when Bono talks about kneeling.

Hehehe -- I rule!

:D

*takes a bow*

RocknRollKitty said:
There is no proof that is what he meant, he never said it in so many words. I must admit at the risk of being called a prude that if it was a song about the daughter and it turned out to be about oral sex that is the most shameful, disgusting, sick and disgraceful thing he's ever done in any of his songs, and it makes me :barf:

whether or not you feel he is making a specific reference that is sexual - it's not like the whole song is "about" oral sex. but it does have a sexual angle, he said so when he said he "eroticized" it.

don't let this song make you barf :) OOTS is a beautiful song and whatever sexual inuendo it does or does not have, in the end, it is about unconditional love more than anything else. i have unconditional love for this thread.

RocknRollKitty said:
I must admit at the risk of being called a prude that if it was a song about the daughter and it turned out to be about oral sex that is the most shameful, disgusting, sick and disgraceful thing he's ever done in any of his songs, and it makes me :barf: .

Maybe theres a secret message in the song that only Bono knows about, how olds the girl he's singing about?:huh:

I read the song was originally meant for "teen girls who obsess over their bodies to the point of starving themselves" ie: anorexia- that he originally started out trying to write a song to tell these girls that they are perfect as they are, etc. "You are the first one of your kind" You are an original of the species- there is no one else like you

Whether he romanced it or not, it is not sexually geared TOWARDS teenagers. Bono isn't some pervert- he has two teen daughters of his own remember?!

caragriff said:

whether or not you feel he is making a specific reference that is sexual - it's not like the whole song is "about" oral sex. but it does have a sexual angle, he said so when he said he "eroticized" it.

don't let this song make you barf :) OOTS is a beautiful song and whatever sexual inuendo it does or does not have, in the end, it is about unconditional love more than anything else. i have unconditional love for this thread.

Its a beautiful song I agree, and on the excellent subject of oral sex. Hey this song has just become my favourite of all time! Bono should have called it 69 and have done with it!:wink:

No matter what the sexual meaning is if there is one in the song. It still remains that this song is one of the most beautiful ones that U2 has ever done! Personally I always feel better after I listen to it :).

rjhbonovox said:

Its a beautiful song I agree, and on the excellent subject of oral sex. Hey this song has just become my favourite of all time! Bono should have called it 69 and have done with it!:wink:

He already did that. Remember Hawkmoon?

indra said:

:yes:

I think it should get the award for thread of the day! :D
um, after the 69 reference in the above post:

thread. of. the. YEAR.

Anyone seen "The Piano"? There's a scene where Harvey Keitel gets on his knees and sticks his head under Holly Hunter's dress while she's standing. You can tell by the look on her face that he's not just admiring her underwear!

Come on people, this whole song is obviouly about oral sex.

"Baby slow down, the end is not as fun as the start"

This is Bono stating that he likes oral sex more that actual coitus. It's more fun to him.

"I'll give you everything you want, Except the thing that you want."

Bono will give the woman oral sex, but not coitus, which is what she really wants.

I thought everybody assumed thats what this song was about in the first place. I mean even look at the titles, take the "igin" out of orginal, take out the "of the," and take the p, i, and e out of Species, and what do you have? Oral Secs

Pretty obvious if you ask me

caragriff said:

If it's a loving song to a teenage daughter of a band member and it turns iinto some guy eating somebody out, I'm sorry, that is sickening :down: And yes, it would turn me against the song as I am someone who cannot get vivid visual images out of my head once they are suggested.

But I do still think most of you are letting your dirty minds run wild and it's not what you think.

yes, bono wants his partner to stay young and sex driven, cause when people get old they dont have sex

Back
Top Bottom