By let me in the sound, Its common knowledge that he's referring to a body of water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and by body of water i mean a certain female body part, more or less

well i mean of course it has double or triple meaning but from the first time i heard boots i immediately thought of sound as the water kind.

and he's no stranger to the use of the word sound as that evidenced by electrical storm

ah yes... Electrical Storm :drool:

I'm still upset on how they threw that song onto a Best of, totally deserved to be on an album like this

Naw, you see, the U2 sound has built U2 many a house.

He prolly pissed Ali off and wants in his own crib after staying out late in Fez to make some "new album" when he was supposed to be at the duty-free to buy some milk.

god im going down

i dont wanna drown

going down means one thing to me :wink:
whatever it is he's referring to it was plenty wet

plus in the video at this part hes shirtless and theres a water effect on the camera lens

i dont know,

ive been writing an album that i started working on the day after katrina when i was stuck here with no way out and nothing to do. i didnt know much about music at the time but its been a journey and ive come a hell of a long way since. Anyway, the mississippi sound is what swelled up from the surge which violated and pillaged everyones homes who were unfortunate enough to live near the water along with the gulf itself of course. And I know the edge was involved closely with relief efforts for new orleans. I hear plenty of referrences to it in this album which may or may not be intended.

also, let me in the sound is in the intro to a song called being born, food for thought

A lot of people here reckon the tour will be called the Let Me In The Sound Tour.

If so, is it going to be XXX rated?

:lol: This thread is awesome! Seriously, you need to check this out. You will love it:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f194/sexual-messages-in-u2s-songs-105950.html

read it and i was already aware, those lyrics are more than obvious, i didnt even think it was debatable. how could anyone not put two and two together, especially the AB songs. Bono is a horny little man, these inuendo lyrics should come as no surprise. hes been doing this since the word go. im serious, i didnt even think it was a question.

A lot of people here reckon the tour will be called the Let Me In The Sound Tour.

If so, is it going to be XXX rated?
well, they are integrating fan vids from whats uploaded to u2.com into the stage set up. they never specified what type of vids.

since he says you can hear the universe in her seashells (yet another one btw) maybe they should call it the sound of the universe tour. maybe DM wont notice :wink:

and yes im aware that the her in question in no line is the sea, but as always, just like the standard bittersweetness in their songs, there is double meaning

Yeah, just think about it:

I got submarine....

You got gasoline...

Gasoline is supposed to be the "watered" part...

Submarine is...you know, the longer part of a mans body!

:huh:

:ohmy:

read it and i was already aware, those lyrics are more than obvious, i didnt even think it was debatable. how could anyone not put two and two together, especially the AB songs. Bono is a horny little man, these inuendo lyrics should come as no surprise. hes been doing this since the word go. im serious, i didnt even think it was a question.

The Kite explanation is wrong though, pretty sure "hardness sets in" is talking about stiffness that sets in after death. The song was about his father dying.

Yeah, just think about it:

I got submarine....

You got gasoline...

Gasoline is supposed to be the "watered" part...

Submarine is...you know, the longer part of a mans body!

:huh:

:ohmy:

I took it to mean that: the US has firepower, Middle East has oil, but please turn a blind eye to the wars.

I think Boots is a lot more asexual than people are making it out to be. Thats why they changed the name from Sexy Boots and why they made the music video less sexual in the final cut as well.

Back
Top Bottom