Bullet The Blue Sky? What's that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flameandthefire

The Fly
Hi,

As english is not my native language I've been wondering what exactly does 'Bullet The Blue Sky' mean? Could somebody explain it to me please? I do not understand that phrase.

Another Finn. :D
I've understanded that it means shooting as in war. Sky is filled with bullets. So "fill the sky with bullets".
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

um
lets try

the sky is blue, right?

and to bullet means to shoot
it means to shoot bullets in the sky

correct me if im wrong

Before they recorded Joshua Tree, Bono was in El Salvador helping out and saw the american planes drop bombs which really had a frightening effect and when he came back he asked Edge to "put El Salvador through the speaker" - Edge's riffs really sound like bombs dropping.

As for the title, I'm not sure the words themself really mean anything, probably just a description of war disrupting the peaceful life.

BTW from what I've seen scandinavian nations' English is very good :yes:

You're right, U2girl.
You can hear that Edge's guitar sounds much like an airplane just before Bono starts peeling of dollar bills:)

Last edited:
Going along with the El Salvador experience, also think about how 'blue sky' generally means a pleasant day, one for picnics and whatnot, so when the bullets start flying, they're an aberration that should never be allowed on such a beautiful day.

goat

Back
Top Bottom