Breathe Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

limerickros

Babyface
In my opinion Breathe is one of the best songs on NLOTH.

But what the f*ck is a Ju Ju Man and who the f*ck is Saint John Devine or is it just used for ryhming purposesrs

Last edited:
Me and my bad spelling
icon38.gif

I don't see any cursing in my post.
Galeongirl provided me with answers I did not find on Google

So the song goes from answering the door to a salesman/quasi preacher to running around like "loose electricy" awaiting the end of the world with St John on the line ?

St John could be

John the Apostle, one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus
John the Baptist, preacher, ascetic and baptizer of Jesus Christ
John the Evangelist, author of the Gospel of John; in some traditions, including Roman Catholicism, the same person as John the Apostle
John of Patmos, author of the Book of Revelation, and considered by some to be the same person as John the Apostle

In my opinion Breathe is one of the best songs on NLOTH.

But what the f*ck is a Ju Ju Man and who the f*ck is Saint John Devine or is it just used for ryhming purposesrs

I think it might be a Beatles reference. I watched some random Beatles videos on youtube and was a bit disappointed to find this. Bono isn't quite as good at conveying that almost insane but joyful word salad that Robert Smith could do on The Cure's pop songs (Caterpillar Girl, Friday I'm In Love, Close to Me, etc.) Still, I quite like these lyrics. They're quite fun and, for a change, not obnoxious.

I think it might be a Beatles reference. I watched some random Beatles videos on youtube and was a bit disappointed to find this. Bono isn't quite as good at conveying that almost insane but joyful word salad that Robert Smith could do on The Cure's pop songs (Caterpillar Girl, Friday I'm In Love, Close to Me, etc.) Still, I quite like these lyrics. They're quite fun and, for a change, not obnoxious.

What else is new.

I don't see any cursing in my post.
Galeongirl provided me with answers I did not find on Google

As far as I know fuck is a swear word. Though I don't mind it, some people do.

And I found that 2nd link on google after one search, so it's not that hard to do.

The Jujuman thing, I think I know that from Jumani. :hmm:

...that almost insane but joyful word salad that Robert Smith could do on The Cure's pop songs (Caterpillar Girl, Friday I'm In Love, Close to Me, etc.)...

those songs are classic, songs i never get tired of! joyful word salad - i love that! Robert Smith has written some fantastic pop songs and i think his genius is totally underrated!

Here is another potential reason of why "16 June" might be meaningful to Bono. Afterall, I think he originally wrote some of the lyrics for Nelson Mandela.

I did like U2girl's possible explanations for "St John Divine". (might want to look up John Chap 9:9 in the Bible for some more context on this idea)

International Day of the African Child (16 June 2007)

Take good care:wink:

What I want to know is when Bono answers the door, the visitor says there's three things he needs him to know. But what are they?

Father, son, holy ghost. The guy at the door's peddling organized religion as a cure-all. Bono doesn't need it anymore. He believes what he believes, and now he can Breathe.

Back
Top Bottom