Bono's Most Biting Lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know Ultraviolet (Ultra Violet? I'm never sure) used to make me super emotional when I thought I was in love with this one guy in high school. But, now it just makes me emotional because it's a beautiful song and it actually works pretty well for a working relationship, and not just pining.

Yes. Even when said relationship hits rough spots.

Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own reminds me very much of my relationship with my own father. Living on the other side of the world also makes it much more difficult to re-establish that relationship. It's become strained needless to say in the last few years since I got married.

I believe his words to me when I told him I was engaged was "Well you're big enough, old enough and ugly enough to make that choice". It's stuck with me ever since.

I think the words Bono sang on do they know it's Christmas are the most biting - kind of kicks that song into another gear and only bono could do that

I saw a documentary about the making of it and When Ure and Geldof gave them to him he really didn't want to sing them

"Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

Still brings goosebumps

Back
Top Bottom