Bono's best lyrics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
one of the best: Electrical Storm:wink:

I'm sorry but I think that song contains one of Bono's worst lyrics "The air is heavy, heavy as a truck"
but thats your opinion and I respect it

I was drowning in mySorrows
My Sorrows they learned to swim
Surrounding me
Going Down on me
Spinning over the brim

In waves of regret and Waves of Joy
I reached out to the one
I tried to Destroy........

Well if you want to know my EXACT favourite verse

Every artist is a cannibal every poet is a thief
all kill their inspiration and sing about their grief:shocked:

From the firefly a red orange glow, see the face of fear runnin scared in the valley below

Gone
Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Running To Standing Still
The First Time
Walk On
Yahweh

.... and probably a few others, which I'll kick myself for when I realise I've left them off my list. Oh well.....

Soul Love said:
Well if you want to know my EXACT favourite verse

Every artist is a cannibal every poet is a thief
all kill their inspiration and sing about their grief:shocked:

From the firefly a red orange glow, see the face of fear runnin scared in the valley below

Took the lyrics right outa my mouth Soul Love! I love those lyrics, They Kick ass!

I love all of U2's songs, but the best lyrics are in, One, WTSHNN, SHFWILF, The Fly, Electrical Storm, Acrobat, OOTS, COBL, 40, Gloria, Numb,God Part II, Zoo Station,Out of Control,Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Running To Stand Still, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet....... (Theres more where that came from!)

Streets
Bad
Walk On
Kite
Miss Sarajevo( can I just say I so prefer Bono singing the Opera part? It gives me friggin chills everytime I hear it on the cd from the fanclub)
Pride
In God's Country
Until the End of the World

And actually my favorite lyric of all time is from a song that I don't think has the best lyrics overall.

"Can't sing, but Ive got soul. The goal, is elevation" :) It just represents the U2 concert experience well IMO. I can't sing worth a damn, but Ive got soul, and U2 elevates me every time I hear them :)

Stay
The Fly
Until The End of The World
Wake Up Dead Man
I also love Walk To The Water and... how could we forget ONE???

Back
Top Bottom