Big girls are best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jara

Babyface
As I'm from Brazil and from Rio I feel the obligation of telling u this.

They spent 5 days in Rio and the news about his new kid was received during this last trip to my land. So, reading the lyrics of BIG GIRLS ARE BEST , i got to the conclusion that it has everything to do with his wife latest preagnancy
smile.gif

" She's got a baby at her breast she knows big girls are best...sexy ma ma mom... My mama"

And, he "sings" of the hotel they were, which was COPACABANA PALACE : "Avenue Atlantico, seventeen - o - two (1702)"

Should I feel flattered????
wink.gif

What do u guys think?

hey Jara, was it you that said you saw the boys perform some material during the video shoot???...if it was you, you said that the song(s) you heard were different, and very rocking...I was thinking a while ago, maybe they came up with Big girls during that "session"

------------------
Youth is wasted on the young.....well then....
Life is wasted on the living!
Joey Joe Joe Junior Schoobaloob

yeah, that was me.

U know something? I thought the same thing. Edge played so many diff things at that time. Due to RS magazine one of the songs was WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN. It says that the idea of covering this song came up during the shooting. But now I'm confused about the other songs. can be Big girls but when I listened to the 30 secs of Novelty Act i was fairly sure that they had played that one...or maybe both
smile.gif

A friend told me that this 30 secs of Novelty Act are not played by U2 but by a cover band. Have you heard anything about that?

Novelty Act hasn't been released, it was a cover band, I think it was someone in this forum too, that was playing the music. Bono must have written the lyrics to the song while he was in Rio, cause there's the address, and the fact that his wife is now pregnant again.

As far as being produced by Howie and Flood, they could have called them in, cause we don't know what Eno's and Lanios' schedule were at the time.

------------------
Youth is wasted on the young.....well then....
Life is wasted on the living!
Joey Joe Joe Junior Schoobaloob

Back
Top Bottom