Beautiful Day Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
I was wondering what people's interpretation was of the part in the "beautiful day" video, where Bono takes the apple out of the woman's hand and takes a bite out of it.

whatever your thoughts are, just curious. :hmm:

I have never really thought about it on any deeper level other than, "It's just Bono messing around" but now I see what you're getting at with the Garden of Eden connotations (I'm assuming this is what you're thinking along the lines of...feel free to correct me) and he does lean back and go through the dark baggage screens/flaps...which might be like the consequences of eating the apple...like everything that happened to Adam and Eve as a consequence and the baggage flaps being all mysterious and dark and... stuff... ( :confused: Screwy reasoning now. Will stop talking.) Interesting idea though.

I think Bono was just being goofy, like running around in that airport, pulling people's bags, pressing his face against the glass, throwing money on the street etc...

U2girl said:
I think Bono was just being goofy, like running around in that airport, pulling people's bags, pressing his face against the glass, throwing money on the street etc... [/QUOTE

He's just being Bono.:giggle:

thankyou said:
U2girl said:
I think Bono was just being goofy, like running around in that airport, pulling people's bags, pressing his face against the glass, throwing money on the street etc... [/QUOTE

He's just being Bono.:giggle:
hhahah well said.

might it have anything to do with "I know I'm not a hopeless case"?

I noticed something strange in the Beautiful Day video once. There are two Bonos in that video...
If you look, just before the middle eight, for a brief moment, you see all of the guys sitting down in the terminal, relaxing and talking. And then Bono comes along on the right side of the screen and sits down with them.
Except... Bono is already seated. From left to right, we have Larry, Bono1, Edge, Adam, and Bono2. Bono1 has dark glasses on, and is quite obviously not the real Bono. I wonder who he is, and what his presence there means?
It's funny though, because when the real Bono comes and sits down, they don't acknowledge his presence at all. Another thing to notice, the real Bono is the one in the brown leather, the same one running around acting mad, eating the apple, playing on the escalator, etc.

Screencap:

bdsc.jpg

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I noticed something strange in the Beautiful Day video once. There are two Bonos in that video...
If you look, just before the middle eight, for a brief moment, you see all of the guys sitting down in the terminal, relaxing and talking. And then Bono comes along on the right side of the screen and sits down with them.
Except... Bono is already seated. From left to right, we have Larry, Bono1, Edge, Adam, and Bono2. Bono1 has dark glasses on, and is quite obviously not the real Bono. I wonder who he is, and what his presence there means?
It's funny though, because when the real Bono comes and sits down, they don't acknowledge his presence at all. Another thing to notice, the real Bono is the one in the brown leather, the same one running around acting mad, eating the apple, playing on the escalator, etc.

Screencap:

url]

Thanks for pointing it out. I had noticed it also. Here's my take on it. I think that the real Bono, is the one sitting with the band, black clothes. Bono 2 (brown jacket) is a symbol in a way, showing how we should enjoy this "beautiful day", (he's obviously enjoying himself in the airport) take a hold of the moment, bite the apple like taking a "bite out of life", because all we really have is right now, see what's around you, there is so much beauty in this world : (as mentioned in the song)
"See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

It was a beautiful day
A beautiful day"

love it, live it now, because it is a gift to us, don't let it get away.
Anyway, that's my take on it.

It really excited me when I noticed that in the video. Because I've always been a big fan of just how weird U2 videos tend to be (my first memory of U2 is the Numb video). So when I noticed that I was like "AHA! I knew that video was too normal! I knew there had to be some weird thing lurking somewhere in there!"

Blimey, I'd never noticed the second bono before.

His goldy coloured jacket had caught my eye though, cos it's almost macphisto-ish

I'm pretty sure that they're both the "real" Bono...like, it's Bono playing both of them in the video. I dunno, I don't think it's that strange or clever for them to include this in the video...

The video is so cool. I love to watch it, because I have been thru that airport so many times. Does anyone know why they chose the Charles de Gaulle? How does it relate to Beautiful Day?

SunBloc said:
The video is so cool. I love to watch it, because I have been thru that airport so many times. Does anyone know why they chose the Charles de Gaulle? How does it relate to Beautiful Day?

i understand that the members of the band all own houses in the south of france, so maybe the location was just ideal for them.

i just love the runway part when the planes fly over, so awsome, ive seen people posting in places online saying the planes that fly over the band are real---that is absolute crap, the planes you see not flying over the band are real the ones over them are CGI, so whats everyone elses favorite part of the video?

Back
Top Bottom