All Because of You = Oasis inspired?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't really remind me of Oasis all that much, to be honest. Then again, I'm not a fan of ABOY anyway. :|

Yes I agree, it does have a touch of Oasis about it.

I think U2 themselves would say Oasis have inspired them in recent years.

No, but the bit in Original of the species when the synth strings kick in "you feel, like no one before" could be Oasis inspired.
Then again, Oasis were inspired by Beatles and the song sounds like something they might have written today, so...

Yeah, I think U2 admires the 'sonic' sounds of Oasis. 'Original of the Species' yesterday was reminding me of some of Oasis' work, although mainly in the sound of the song.

'All Because of You' has a little bit of the Stones' 'Satisfaction' in it. Does anyone else think so?

Does anyone think that ABOY sounds like Oasis' "What's the Story, Morning Glory"? Or is it just me?

You are absolutely right:up:
The bass/guitar part that starts at 00.16 sounds like that Oasis-song.

Im so glad someone else has said this, because whenever I hear it I think of oasis.

Im not sure exactly because I haven't got my CDs to hand,

but I think that the fourth Line to All because of you "and it left me no illusion"

is exactly the same musically as "It's a crazy situation" in cigarettes and alcohol.

Bono even sings it in the same way

Bono thanks Noel Galagher for "One Step Closer" according to the album sleeve, so there's obviously some connection between the two bands. Now that I think about it All Because of You is a little like Morning Glory (probably my favourite Oasis song).

Back
Top Bottom