African Scat Singing at start of "Streets have no Name"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertsonja

Babyface
On Chicago Vertigo Live DVD, Where the Streets Have No Name, has one of the most beautiful starts.......
....also an African dream, Africa .....from the bridge at Selma on the Mississippi, to the mouth of the river Nile, from the swamps lands of Louisiana to the high peaks of Kilamgaro from Dr Kings America to Nelson Mandela's Africa the journey of equality moves on on on on......then Bono does some African style scat singing "Boo ya ya, boo ya ya boo ya...boo ya le mamama.....

Also at the end of Streets live from Rose Bowl 2009 Bono sings ........Boo ya boo ya...africa rising.......

I assume this African scat style singing.....

Question - Where does this come from....it sounds soooo cool?

On Chicago Vertigo Live DVD, Where the Streets Have No Name, has one of the most beautiful starts.......
....also an African dream, Africa .....from the bridge at Selma on the Mississippi, to the mouth of the river Nile, from the swamps lands of Louisiana to the high peaks of Kilamgaro from Dr Kings America to Nelson Mandela's Africa the journey of equality moves on on on on......then Bono does some African style scat singing "Boo ya ya, boo ya ya boo ya...boo ya le mamama.....

Also....
I found it almost prophetic on the Chicago Vertigo DVD that he sings..."I want to take shelter from the hurricane" and this was months prior to hurricane Katrina.

WEIRD!

Back
Top Bottom