? about Staring at the Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which version are you listening to?

There are some lines that aren't clear - the "Military still in town.." does sound like little Terry..... "I left it in the duty free" sounds kind of like Judy...............

Just taking a stab here, but I think the lyrics you misunderstood are "Intransigence is all around MILITARY still in town" and "I left it in the DUTY free but you never really belonged to me"

Do know that whenever I hear that song from now on, I will think Bono says "Little Terry still in town."

perhaps i should have posted in the 'embarass yourself here' thread...thanks for the clarifications guys!

best thread of the week. Thank you !!:drool:

is it wrong to have tears streaming down my face in laughter?

srk2fd - I mistake lyrics all the time.:wink:

I always liked the lyrics to this song but couldn't recommend it to my non-u2 friends because I didn't understand those few lines. So does anyone have a good explanation of what the song means or refers to?

By the way, I'm glad I could bring so much enjoyment to people :). The truth is I was just joking about thinking those were the real lyrics. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

srk2fd said:
I always liked the lyrics to this song but couldn't recommend it to my non-u2 friends because I didn't understand those few lines. So does anyone have a good explanation of what the song means or refers to?

By the way, I'm glad I could bring so much enjoyment to people :). The truth is I was just joking about thinking those were the real lyrics. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

First of all, in the day of internet...look up lyrics.

but for explanation I like this one...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60955&highlight=cave

Back
Top Bottom