What's so amaazing about Grace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA_Kitty

Babyface
I purchased this book after reading somewhere Bono had read it and it influenced some of his song writing. I have read most of it and it's pretty cool. Lotta personal experiences about receiving grace and exactly what author Philip Yancey feels "grace" is and is not. Anyone else read this book? I am curious to read others reactions.

Yes, I wanted to read it after hearing about Bono's connection to it. I was hooked after reading the first page. It's an outstanding book, and I've gotten into Philip Yancey's other works since then. Both "Disappointment with God" and "Soul Survivor" were great, but I liked "Soul Survivor" best. It's unique in that Yancey describes the lives of 13 people who have had a large influence on his life, and gets very personal at times. I would definitely recommend it. It will make you very hungry to go out and learn more about those 13 people. There's a chapter on Annie Dillard, and I'm going to read her "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek" as soon as I can.

If you want to discuss specific points in "What's so Amazing about Grace", I'm up for it.

Back
Top Bottom