What book/books are you reading right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FizzingWhizzbees said:
I've finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! :hyper:

yeah me too...looking for something else to read (still avoiding dostoevsky...i swear some day i will read crime and punishment but not sure WHEN...)

Crime and Punishment is a wonderful book. You definitely have to read it sometime! I have a copy of The Brothers Karamazov waiting for me to read, but I think I need some more light-hearted fiction for the time being. :wink:

I have just finished Hilary and Jackie by Hilary and Piers du Pre. Pretty much record time for me (less than a week!) considering the time I take to read a book these days.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Crime and Punishment is a wonderful book. You definitely have to read it sometime! I have a copy of The Brothers Karamazov waiting for me to read, but I think I need some more light-hearted fiction for the time being. :wink:

yeah i know it's great, and i've been meaning to read it since 11th grade russian class. we did a whole unit on dostoevsky, which was capped off with a 5 page paper (in russian) on a film version of it.

The Brothers Karamazov...yeah, that's waiting on the shelf at my house too...

I am reading "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks. It is the only one I haven't read. I read all the others this summer. I have been waiting for this one to come in at the library. Has anyone read it, or read any of his books?

I'm reading...

Killing Pablo- Mark Bowden (almost done)

News of Kidnapping- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

They both talk about the same period of Narco-Terrorism, and the war with the drug cartels. Pretty cool!

Is News of Kidnapping good? I've read One Hundred Years of Solitude and loved that, so I want to read something else by Gabriel Garcia Marquez when I have chance to. :)

It's excellent!! I really love Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Love and other demons is also very good.:wave:

I read Of Love And Other Demons. I remember liking it but my short attention span made me put down the book halfway and I haven't picked it up since. :| I need to resume my reading of it soon though.

Currently I'm reading the Outsider by Albert Camus. Next up, besides Marquez, is probably Crash by JG Ballard.

i had problems trying to keep the names straight in 100 years of solitude

Pure Dead Magic, by Debi Gliori. Kids' book. Magic, mafia, rats, etc.

I'm also reading one of the Anne of Green Gables books on the side, and about a million others, like usual. I'm so bad about starting a book and never finishing it. :der:

Lemonchick said:
I'm reading...

Killing Pablo- Mark Bowden (almost done)

How was/is 'Killing Pablo'?

I loved the 'Blackhawk Down' and have considered buying 'Killing Pablo' because of it.

yukio mishima: the sound of waves (translated by meredith wood)
kerry dooley and chris twomey: private universe: crowded house
various: celtic music
nicholas slominsky: musical anecdots
kazuo ishigoro : an artist of the floating world

Currently:

Near a Thousand Tables: The History of Food, by Felipe Fernandez-Armesto, an Oxford professor. It's really well researched and written, but sort of daunting to read.

I have about a million NEW books that were just released recently.. new Philip Pullman book, new Tanith Lee book, etc. :hyper:

Life of pi-yann martel

before that dry by augusten burroughs

I skimmed U2 the road to pop which was eh and next I am going to read atonement by ian mcewan

I'm reading the Ground Beneath Her Feet, Salman Rushdie.
I love it so much, it's so beautiful!

But I do think I like the Satanic Verses better...Also very beautiful.

Haha, I still got about 6 books on my bookshelf I never read, but I'm just addicted to books, I keep buying and buying them...But I told myself not to buy any more books till I finished all the books I've got.

ewig said:
Haha, I still got about 6 books on my bookshelf I never read, but I'm just addicted to books, I keep buying and buying them...But I told myself not to buy any more books till I finished all the books I've got.

:lol: That's one of my habits too. I've got about 20 books waiting to be read, yet whenever I see something I want to read I can't help but buy it. :reject:

FizzingWhizzbees said:

:lol: That's one of my habits too. I've got about 20 books waiting to be read, yet whenever I see something I want to read I can't help but buy it. :reject:

That's so me. I had to drag myself out of B&N after going in to buy my son the new Series of Unfortunate Events. Then ended up buying a lighthearted fiction in line at the grocery. :huh:

I'm reading alot of old Agatha Christie mysteries...I've always been fond of her work but I haven't read her in years.

I've just finished The End Of The Affair by Graham Greene though, in between all the Poirots and Miss Marples. I have to say it's one of the best things I've ever read. I will need to see the film sometime.

I finished Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy over the weekend. I love his novels, but I always feel depressed for three straight days after reading them. :sad:

Jude was one of a ton of books I picked up at a used book sale a couple weeks ago. I can't decide on which one to start next. I'm thinking of trying Flannery O'Connor: The Complete Stories.

i finished reading A FINE BALANCE by Rohinton Mistry which is such an amazing book! its about India and the state of emergency in 1972...its really interesting..what ppl went through at that time..and u learn soooooo much about India and the reality of living there.

and now i'm reading Angela's Ashes - Frank Mcourt...really interestin so far..can't put it down!.

Back
Top Bottom