What book/books are you reading right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just finishing Tennessee Williams? "Sweet Bird of Youth". Some of his plays are boring but I enjoy that one... I picked it because it was Easter Sunday when I saw it and it plays on Easter Sunday. And because of the characters.

Before of that, I have read some great books about Jamaica. And I still read a collection of poems.

But the most reading I do at the moment is business stuff.

I just finished Angela's Ashes and I'm about to start the sequel 'Tis both by Frank McCourt. I plan to read Queen Noor's biography after 'Tis.

i just finished reading "fear and loathing in las vegas" by hunter s. thompson, for the fifth time. how i love this book. it's brilliant, and hilarious. the part about the two hundred foot tall image on a screen above downtown, lmao...now i will read "kingdom of fear," which details the career of hunter s. thompson.

I've been enjoying reading some girly novels since I'm taking the semester off school and don't have to read any academic texts. I'm about to finish Shopaholic Abroad by Sophie Kinsella and next I'm planning to read I don't know how she does it by Allison Pearson.

i'm not reading anything (not even the bok for the book club yet :reject: ) because i've got enough to read with exams coming and feel kind of wierd every time i try reading something that isn't for school when i've got school work to do...somehow spending hours online doesn't have the same effect on me :p

arw9797 said:

I have a book about Norman Mailer that my brother bought me. I want to read Return of the King but I keep forgetting about it. I also want to read Harry Potter 4. I had to read the first one for a adolesent lit class so I just ended up reading the 2nd and 3rd one but I never got around to reading #4.

I think it's really sad that I wrote this over 2 months ago and I still haven't read any of these books nor I have I even attempted to read any book at all. I used to read all the time.

That's ok Arw, I've probably read 50 pages max from Return of the King since I first posted this.

I used to read ATLEAST one book a month.

Richard Farina Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me
Iris Chang The Chinese in America

Finally finished 'Return of the King' today.

Started on 'Blackhawk Down'.

I decided to skip the book club this time around because I wanted to start A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I'm about 100 pages in and I can't put it down.

Brutally honest, almost unreadable at times...but an amazing book. If you've ever known anyone who has struggled with addiction, I highly recommend it. Its written in a somewhat unorthadoxed style and takes some getting used to but well worth it.

The Fan-Maker's Inquisition: A Novel of the Marquis de Sade by Rikki Ducornet

Wow. A demanding read, but her imagination and the level of detail is extraordinary.

Just finished The Memory Room by Mary Rakow. It's brilliant. A novel written like poetry.

I just finished Iris Chang's The Chinese in America a couple days ago.

Still in the middle of Richard Farina's book.

Trying to start Homer's Illiad. :shifty:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet (Salman Rushdie)

in my immense stupidity I chose that book to give a essay in the skool, for a long time I wanted read it, but is very big

Waiting: True Confessions Of a Waitress, by Debra Ginsberg. Good -- it has views and theories on waiting, the modern concept of a waitress, and of course, lots of little stories on her career as a waitress.

I was just reading 'High Fidelity' by Nick Hornsby... it's certainly as funny as About a Boy (which he also wrote), which is saying a lot. Oddly, though the movie 'About a Boy' had a U2 song in the soundtrack, in 'High Fidelity' the author has his record shop owner antagonist put them down big time. I wonder if he was making up for his egregious error in judgement.

Besides all my University Books and scripts :lol:

Michael Moore: Stupid White Men (british edition)

you have to read it very critical, because I think it is very populistic and all.. but nevertheless very interesting and worthwhile.. makes me think even more about what is going on in general

edited to "Michael Moore".. I accidently typed "ROGER Moore" :lol:

Last edited:
I read loads of childish books too. I re-read Anne of Green Gables a few weeks back, just to remind myself of what I loved about it. I'll probably read Little Women at sometime over summer too.

I've been reading..

Erma Bombeck - I Lost Everything In The Post-Natal Depression
Trudy Baker and Rachel Jones - Coffee, Tea, Or Me?: The Uninhibited Memoirs of Two Airline Stewardesses
Beck and Al Hansen - Playing With Matches

I Lost Everything In The Post-Natal Depression is okay. It's a bit dated, and annoying to read at times because it's so embellished. Coffee, Tea, Or Me? is very funny and entertaining, though. It's a classic book originally published in 1967, but it's been republished.

And Playing With Matches is an art book Beck did with his grandfather, Al, who worked with Andy Warhol, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, etc., in the 60s. Nice book, but hard to find.

Reading:

True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Casey

Soon to be Reading:

Autobiography of Nelson Mandela (if I can find this book)
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix

Back
Top Bottom