U2 show or U2 live? need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
I'm thinking about buying either U2 show or U2 live, which one do you think is a better book and I should get first? Waiting for your recommendations!

PS: What do you think about this new book called ‘Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show – The Graphic Design of U2’? Is it worth buying in your opinion? Some more info from u2.com:

Dublin-based design house Four5One have been creating the visual style of U2 since day one. Founder Steve Averill has known the band since school days – in fact it was he who came up with the name ‘U2’.

‘U2 was chosen as a band name simply because Adam had come to me and asked for a name similar to XTC.’ recalls Steve. ‘That was the brief and that's why the initials were chosen.’

Steve and his colleagues at Four5One, notably Shaughn McGrath, have been working to a brief from U2 – and many other clients – ever since. Much of their work is captured in the book, ‘Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show – The Graphic Design of U2’ but their most recent work with the band was the ‘U218 Singles’ campaign and the ‘U2 by U2’ book – and that’s what we wanted to catch up with Steve and Shaughn about.

U2 Show I bought for 10 dollars or something, and it was worth that price - however, it's mainly a photo-book and the reading parts are not as interesting as say, U2 by U2. Stille, if you can get it cheap it's worth it I reckon. I don't know about U2 live though.

U2 Live is such an amazing resource for information...so many details about shows, it's just such a great thing to have. I like U2 Show for the pictures, it's like a nice coffee table book. They are both great books to have, but it depends on what you want. Want a handbook on past shows? Get U2 Live. What some gorgeous pictures in a beautiful book suitable to be placed out in the living room? Get U2 Show.

As for the Stealing Hearts book, that's not new...unless there is a new version? I haven't heard anything about that. I got my copy back in 2003, it's a cool thing to have.

killing bono is amazing! neil mccormick is a very good writer and U2 at the end of the world was funny.
.....Slane castle was my first U2 dvd and it was a good choice =)

I just picked up U2 Show at Barnes & Noble for $10! I couldn't pass it up. The pictures alone are worth it. And I checked the B&N website, and it's up there for the same price. On Amazon it's listed at $26. $10 for a hardcover U2 book - can't beat it! :yes:

I got U2Show as a graduation present last year :drool: My friend came up to where I work and handed me a bag from Barnes and Noble, greatest surprise ever. The pictures are really the best thing about it, but I've never heard of U2 Live, is it really expensive? (I ask, and am just going to go check on my own :lol: )

U2 show is the big book similar in size to U2 by U2 documenting the live shows isnt it? It was on sale over here for £3 in HMV which is prob about $5.50. Wish I bought it!!

Back
Top Bottom