U2 by U2 - can anybody beat this price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgoth321

Acrobat
Spotted in Easons in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, today: U2 by U2 in the sale, marked at 99p! I don't know what that is in cents, maybe less than $2? This seemed so low that I thought I was seeing things, but I checked other copies, and everyone in the pile was marked the same. They were also selling U2 Show for £2.99. But, short of just giving the book away, I can't imagine how it's possible to sell it for any cheaper than 99p.

why the sudden markdown? that is happening at my bookstore (Borders) in california too. it's so wierd, because all the hardbacks are $7.99, while the newly released paperbacks remain at full price ($24.95).

tuwie said:
why the sudden markdown? that is happening at my bookstore (Borders) in california too. it's so wierd, because all the hardbacks are $7.99, while the newly released paperbacks remain at full price ($24.95).

Yeah, and it's not as if retailers are trying to clear out old stock in anticipation of a new or updated edition coming out! Going on my own personal experiences of bookshops in N Ireland, I don't think that U2 by U2 was ever on sale at full price, and it's been interesting watching the price gradually falling over the last year or so. Could it be that the book actually didn't sell that well overall, and that shops are simply trying to clear out their unsold copies? (I have to say that I'd be very surprised if it has been a flop though.)

Seems to me that the diehard fans who just had to get their hands on one already did, and the normal price is too steep for any casually interested fan to fork over. At a lower price, they are more likely to move copies into the hands of more casual fans...or to diehards who are a little short on $$$ or were waiting for a bargain. :wink:

That is a really low price though!!

Back
Top Bottom